Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do people really read sigs?

So I'm getting to the point where I've had too many lasers to list them all in the current format :)beer:) so...

1) do people really take the time to read people's sigs? I see a lot of links and such, but if half of my lasers don't have a link, is it worth putting it there?

2) how much info on each laser should be? I see people who just state the wavelength they've had, some state everything (like how mine is right now). Does anyone actually read all of the specs that I include on my sig lasers? There's a lot of info (like WL's claimed outputs vs measured outputs :p)

3) should non-owned wavelengths and previously but not currently owned lasers be on my sig?

4) any tips on how to simplify my sig if you don't like it are welcome :beer:

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

ARG

1)
If it's simple and not too crowded I will read it.

4)
Don't list your lasers - it gets crowded fast the longer you stay in the hobby :p
I list the interesting lasers I've built, good photo's that I've taken, guides that I wrote and occasionally I'll add links to a laser shop I support or info for new guys.

Last edited:
@ARG yeah I'm noticing :p but that would also mar the fact that I have had many experiences with WL, which not too many LPF'ers here have (for obvious reasons a couple years ago)

Last edited:

ARG

What you could do is have a link that leads to another page with your collection listed in full detail, a forum post, a website ect.

Yes i look a lot especially at the ppl that have 589nm and dream ...but think only what you have should be listed and also Not what is coming in and especially what you had that has died is totally pointless and not to be listed ,i feel it gives a brief glance of who is addicted lol

I have switched to wavelength and include the lasers under one color instead of by laser.

Hmm... perhaps. I also might sell off a couple lasers so I can afford new ones :p

I do like the forum post idea though ARG

Last edited:

Psi

I am noob here and I like to see the sig list.

Last edited:
I feel like if I put a link in my sig to the lasers I own, most people wouldn't bother to click it lol

I guess my situation is unique because I only try to get one laser of each wavelength. If I end up getting two (like one that's more powerful than the old one I had), I usually sell off the lesser one or just don't list it. I just list my interesting ones.

However, I do like the lists of all the colors. It's a quick way to see how close each person is to completing the wavelength list. Hah. But, at the same time, I don't like it when people have numerous lasers of the same wavelength listed in different columns.

I read sigs as long as they are organized and not too long. WL hunters shouldnt list every laser owned, just the ones they are proud of. i also am a huge supporter of "if you dont currently own it, DONT list it" People have their sigs all cluttered up with; sold this laser, this laser died, gave this laser away, i want this laser......if you dont own it dont list it. If you have the parts for it and its in progress of being built, just owning the parts doesnt count, then you can list it as in progress. long signatures just make me mad because it looks like you are trying to show off and out do other people. we dont need those "rich kids from the down the street that no one liked in high school because they were stuck up snobs" here at LPF

***This was not pointed at anyone, was just my thoughts***

Would it make it any better if it was just a link to another post that had all of my lasers?

If you want to make a long list of lasers you have, want or have owned id say create a google doc and put a link in your sig. make the doc private so people dont edit it lol