Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do I want to buy a lpm any recommendation?

CONNER

Hello partners, I am thinking of acquiring a decent but not too expensive LPM, with which he could read lasers of few mw to several watts and is not very expensive.

What do they recommend to me? does it seem that laserbee is quite famous for this forum, of 3.7w does usb seem to be well, only with what everything goes out in the already this photo? do I suppose that connected to the computer and with a special program?

Last edited:

Hello partners, I am thinking of acquiring a decent but not too expensive LMP, with which he could read lasers of few mw to several watts and is not very expensive.

What do they recommend to me? does it seem that laserbee is quite famous for this forum, of 3.7w does usb seem to be well, only with what everything goes out in the already this photo? do I suppose that connected to the computer and with a special program?

Do you mean lpm?

it seem that laserbee is quite famous for this forum, of 3.7w does usb seem to be well, only with what everything goes out in the already this photo? do I suppose that connected to the computer and with a special program?
To use the laserbee 3.7w lpm, you need to install the bundled EagleEye™ data logging software in your computer and plug the usb in

Yeah it says lpm right in their subject title :p
Just be aware that some LPMs do not work well with low powered lasers.
That model reads all the way down to 1mW
You can use some LPMs without connecting it if you just want to see the output on the display such as the "A" series.
You will need to decide if you want a stand alone LPM or one that needs to be plugged in/connected to a computer.

Pman

If you can wait and save up a bit more I would get an Ophir based one. Nothing like a fast response time and very good accurate and consistent readings.
Could also see if someone has a TEC one for cheap and then buy an Ophir based one later. Personally can't stand the slow response time of some units. Regardless, having something to measure with is one of those things most want to personally own especially as your collection grows. Would drive me crazy not being able to measure my units. It's why I still keep my TEC unit for backup.

Last edited:
If you can wait and save up a bit more I would get an Ophir based one. Nothing like a fast response time and very good accurate and consistent readings.
Could also see if someone has a TEC one for cheap and then buy an Ophir based one later. Personally can't stand the slow response time of some units. Regardless, having something to measure with is one of those things most want to personally own especially as your collection grows. Would drive me crazy not being able to measure my units. It's why I still keep my TEC unit for backup.

I can't agree with you enough!!! I have the andover and the Kenometer Pro. The first time I used a different one, I was flabbergasted at how slow it was, I was used to instant read. One of them I tried took several seconds, I could literally watch the reading climb.

Get a Ophir based one, if you can. It's a pricey piece, though. ;)
"If you want to play, you gotta pay."

Some of the optical ones are OK, and fairly quick. But you are usually limited on wavelength. Thermopiles are usually better than optical readers and aren't as easy to trash the unit with too much power and will normally handle more power than the opticals

That being said, I've always wanted a Coherent Lasercheck. But mostly for gas, because it does great at very low power levels, Some meters get a little flakey under 10mw, FYI.

Hi if this helps Nospin made a LPM with Ophir thermopile and two color red and blue led readout. Awesome unit I have one of them. Ophir is the wat to go. Nospins LPM's go up to and over 5W . There about 399 or cheaper give him a try if he still make them. There's nothing like your own LPM . You get what you pay for.good luck and be safe pal

CONNER

Hello everyone again, in the end I closed the eyes, said to myself that it should be what god wants and buys to me the laserbee usb 3,7W:p I hope not to be putting the paw jeje the fact is that aveces am very impulsive.

Sorry marcuspeh!
Odd that it was changed in the heading but not the content part :/
Rep+ for you :)

Hello everyone again, in the end I closed the eyes, said to myself that it should be what god wants and buys to me the laserbee usb 3,7W:p I hope not to be putting the paw jeje the fact is that aveces am very impulsive.

I was on the fence between an Ophir DG-HH and the 3.7W USB Laserbee. The Ophir was a little older, and I haven't been able to get any responses on whether or not I could calibrate it, so I went with the Laserbee. I wanted the Ophir, as it is a quality product and measured to 10 watts, but I didn't want my first LPM to be inaccurate.

Last edited:
Hi I have purchased an LPM from Nospin it reads out to and over 5+ W's. Awesome product it features a Ophir thermopile a choice of two color display in red or blue. Check him out here on LPF there not a lot but there not cheap . Well worth the money.invest wisely the first time and you'll have it forever. I would never give mine up its on the money. I'm 100% satisfied it's been my pal for the last 23 builds.
Hope you get what your looking for.
:))
Sorry forgot that I posted the same love this place :))

Last edited:
Hi I have purchased an LPM from Nospin it reads out to and over 5+ W's. Awesome product it features a Ophir thermopile a choice of two color display in red or blue. Check him out here on LPF there not a lot but there not cheap . Well worth the money.invest wisely the first time and you'll have it forever. I would never give mine up its on the money. I'm 100% satisfied it's been my pal for the last 23 builds.
Hope you get what your looking for.
:))
Sorry forgot that I posted the same love this place :))

Yea, I'm going to start out with this 3.7 watt Laserbee. The next one I get will be 10 watt capable at the least, and will likely be Ophir based.