Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do I need protection goggles to use 1W green laser at night time?

Snecho

No. If there is nothing reflective in the scenery, the diffuse reflection of the dot when pointing across your yard or longer distances won't cause eye damage, nor will looking at the beam.

However at 1W of power, you should definitely at least own proper laser googles.

please tell us that you have proper eye protection..

1W is 1W day or night
The risk is increased because our eyes adjust to the dark which allows more light (or laser) to enter
I will bet if you have any problem it will be with the police....if called they must investigate.

btw ...do you plan to post an intro in our welcome section???
that would be nice
plus if your location is in its title as well at your profile... members near you can get in contact.

greetz & welcome==hk

Encap

Do you have a 1W green laser or is it a hypothetical situation question about an imagined laser and use.

In a perfect idealized and imaginary make believe world and circumstance is it possible to not use eye protection and not damage your eyes. Yes. That is not the point. Laser glasses/goggles reduce your eye damage risk to a minimum .

No credible expert or certified Laser Safety Officer will tell you you don't need to wear laser glasses/goggles while using a 1W green laser. Don't be an accident looking for a place to happen. Do not risk your or anyone else's eyesight with 1W laser.

Too much can go wrong especially with little if any experience or knowledge of safe laser handling procedure and laser safety in general.
Who knows what will or will not transpire/happen or what you will actually do or encounter intentionally or unintentionally?
Accidents are just that accidents. Laser accidents happen even with experience and knowledge, which you don't have apparently, in less time the human blink reflex time time of 0.25 seconds.
See what happened to one member's eye in less than 1 second with a 1W laser https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/hit-in-eye-with-1000mw-445nm-blue-laser.69469 Owning and not using a pair of laser glasses amounts to what? Nothing with nothing is still nothing.

See laser hazard chart: https://www.lasersafetyfacts.com/resources/FAA---visible-laser-hazard-calcs-for-LSF-v02.png

For actual qualified expert and authoritative information see: https://www.laserpointersafety.com/eye.html

Any laser over 5mW is illegal to import or sell in USA for real safety reasons.

Last edited:

hoo7h

You don't need to wear it while aiming at the sky. However, you should most definitely own a pair of safety goggles should you want to operate indoors.

leave_u

Thank you everyone for your replies, I understand that for this situation the goggles are not mandatory, but it is good to have.
I plan to buy a laser from Sanwu Laser website, I see they sell EAGLE PAIR goggles, are they the real deal? I am from Romania and can't find good goggles in my country.

Thank you everyone for your replies, I understand that for this situation the goggles are not mandatory, but it is good to have.
I plan to buy a laser from Sanwu Laser website, I see they sell EAGLE PAIR goggles, are they the real deal? I am from Romania and can't find good goggles in my country.

Hi
Yes the Eagle safety glasses are great for this hobby, many folks here have them. Go to Survival Lasers international site , click on safety goggles scroll down to the bottom of the page on the left hand side those are what you want.
Rich:)

LASER DOG

please tell us that you have proper eye protection..

1W is 1W day or night
The risk is increased because our eyes adjust to the dark which allows more light (or laser) to enter
I will bet if you have any problem it will be with the police....if called they must investigate.

btw ...do you plan to post an intro in our welcome section???
that would be nice
plus if your location is in its title as well at your profile... members near you can get in contact.

greetz & welcome==hk
For 1W laser can u recommend, for lack of a better term, a cool lookin 😎 pair?
Hi
Yes the Eagle safety glasses are great for this hobby, many folks here have them. Go to Survival Lasers international site , click on safety goggles scroll down to the bottom of the page on the left hand side those are what you want.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
There's no cool lookin pair of anything that will look like so if ya got an ugly mug

Hi,
Forget about cool , effective and safety is most important . Your not going to a fashion show and walk down the runway with them.
Survival Lasers .. go there..!!
F115F41E-8D8F-4B7D-BAD3-3DAFA218B70A_4_5005_c.jpeg