Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do green lasers burn the best?

so violets the best, then red...then green.....im sad...i think green lasers are the coolest though >.>.....so for a green laser to burn better, its gotta be a a 500mW moddified lolz :p man....i

what are green lasers really good for? they are obviously not the best burners, so im guess for pointing things out, and beam shots?

No, you are STILL wrong... Seriously where have you been reading this stuff? Have you even been reading at all, or are you just guessing till we tell you you're right? Please just stop talking, and READ.

I was talking in terms of lasers. Vendors sell 405nm laser as purple, bluray, or violet. Which is why he thought they were all different, but they're all 405nm. I'm not retarded. :p I know purple and violet are different, but in terms of lasers, and how vendors label them they're the same.

Yeah, I may have gone a little overboard with that lol.

--Hydro

I was talking in terms of lasers. Vendors sell 405nm laser as purple, bluray, or violet. Which is why he thought they were all different, but they're all 405nm. I'm not retarded. :p I know purple and violet are different, but in terms of lasers, and how vendors label them they're the same.

CNI labels 405nm as 'blue' in their ad, and according to chinese lingo and translation, technically they are correct.

But IMO I feel that from now on people should just refer to blu-ray/violet/purple as its wavelength 405nm, because it is highly confusing to noobs, and most noobs always think that blu-ray and purple/violet are different wavelengths....

But it's so funny to laugh at them!!! :p That would be a good idea, but apperantly alot of noobs don't know what nanometers are either. :crackup:

what are green lasers really good for? they are obviously not the best burners, so im guess for pointing things out, and beam shots?

Maximum visibility!!! Since I don't really give a rats behind about burning things with my laser, green is the top choice for optical experiments and light shows.

532 nanometers is the coolest color of the spectrum as well. But that is subject to personal taste.

Maximum visibility!!! Since I don't really give a rats behind about burning things with my laser, green is the top choice for optical experiments and light shows.

532 nanometers is the coolest color of the spectrum as well. But that is subject to personal taste.

589nm is the coolest color of the spectrum, but I suppose thats just my personal taste:na:

I still have a theory that 473nm is the best evah! but haven't had the $$ to test my theory.

593.5nm is too close to red but still looks cool. 635nm is the best color ever, but there needs to be 635nm DPSS!!!!!

I still have a theory that 473nm is the best evah! but haven't had the $$ to test my theory.

593.5nm is too close to red but still looks cool. 635nm is the best color ever, but there needs to be 635nm DPSS!!!!!

DPSS??? If you want that nice orange/red color with a perfect TEM00 dot, then why not go old school???
27005d1274516735-bare-tube-hene-sweet-pics-1274440781073.jpg

Lol...
Yeah I havent seen 593nm in person yet, but I went with 589nm to get that nice golden color:D

It would have to be a huge tube to get the kind of 633nm I want :D

I still want to get a 671 DPSS red, they are pretty cheap in the last GB

OK so, please dont flame me (
fire-extinguisher.jpeg
i cames prepared ha ha YESH) but this is how it goes in order with burning power:
1.Violet ( im still looking around for clarity on what the difference is between Violet and blue ray >.< and btw where does blue fit into this??
2.Red
3. Green

I've also been told that burning something black or red with a green is best, and burning some thing that isnt red is best for burning with red, but then where does violet fit into that :p yeah im a noob im sorry:bowdown:

*EDIT* WAIT WAIT I KNOW NOW!! NEVER MIND BLUERAY AND VIOLET ARE THE SAME, just did some reading(finally) and saw that...ok...ill except flames now :p

Last edited: