Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DIY Ophir LPM

There is a blue pot behind the LCD panel. Maybe it can compensate the Ophir value.
On the other hand 4mW on 2-3 Watt laser doesn't make much difference.

The blue pot doest make a difference I messed with it well having alligator clip to a dmm and it still had the extract same reading at rest as well as when metering.

There are 3 pots in the 20C OPHIR Heads.
If you don't know what you are doing you can screw
up the calibration.

Unless you have a calibrated LPM to recalibrate your
OPHIR head if it goes off or want to send it to OPHIR
for re-calibration I would just leave it alone.

An uncalibrated 20C OPHIR head has a very low value.:cryyy:

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:

ARG

There are 3 pots in the 20C OPHIR Heads.
If you don't know what you are doing you can screw
up the calibration.

34059d1313339229-lpm-circuit-issue-ophir-thermopile-dscf4449_sct.jpg

Blord

So you need to turn the offset pot to zero the meter ? And do you know the function of the left dial ?

i am a little bit sketchy about turning pots in this thing :p think i am just not gonna do it lol

greetings,,

ARG

So you need to turn the offset pot to zero the meter ? And do you know the function of the left dial ?

Offset is the Zero, I do not know what the left dial does. Perhaps curve adjustment?

BlueFan was the one who made the picture, he would be the one to ask :)

I'm going to stay away from messing around with mine... I no longer have another LPM to calibrate against if I screw up :p

@Jerry - I remember it mentioned in one of the old threads on the Nospin, that you made an attachment, or interface, to enable graphing? Is my memory off (very possible) or is that an option? If it is, how much would it run? I would love to have the ability to graph output again.

Last edited:

Blord

I am not going to zero that 0.002. That is nothing.
If the offset is something like +500 then I would considered it. :D

***edit***
I opened the head and zeroed the LPM. Turn clockwise for decreasing the offset. It is really easy :)

Last edited:
I am looking for a meter to test me beams on... If anyone can let me know where the best place to buy a new or used one is please let me know...

-CSP

Last edited:
Remove your email before it gets indexed by google and random bots send you mail. Refer to pm'ing for your own good :beer:

Also there are various sellers on the forum of lpms's please do research! They vary from 100$ basic lpm to ~600$ for a laserbee 5W

Greetings,,

Thank you i did. I just need a meter to check from 0-2W... If anyone can hook me up with a pre-configured set let me know. I can put a card in my pc or have a stand alone module...

I am not going to zero that 0.002. That is nothing.
If the offset is something like +500 then I would considered it. :D

***edit***
I opened the head and zeroed the LPM. Turn clockwise for decreasing the offset. It is really easy :)

nice to know. might just give it a try.:D

Blord

I did the final touch to my LPM, making a solid connection between the head and the case. The connector was an old PS/2 mouse. I found the other part in my computer box.
The PS/2 has 4 wires. Just enough for the Ophir head.
It looks more proper now. :D

LPM%20Ophir-7.jpg

Last edited: