Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DIY 473: Picture Heavy Build Thread!!!! Take a Look!!!!

Re: RPL-E 473: Picture Heavy Build Thread!!!! Take a Look!!!!

I have no plans to put something that is anything within reason of buying into the RPL-- won't say what until I actually have cash to play with. Likely... 6 years or so :p

I think a 589 would be neat inside one of these, but 473nm is the most suiting "common" wavelength for this host. Maybe 659nm/671nm DPSS would be nice. Though nobody really cares for the beam specs like they used to...

Yeah don't get on the bandwagon with the 445's. I can't stand them...

Just my thoughts though ;)

I just saw this, and all I can say is WOW!

What a lovely build! +1

EDIT: Must first spread the love :(

Last edited:

IsaacT

Thanks bloom! I love it. As you may know, I have been selling a number of my lasers, but I think this one is here to stay.

Seeing this make me regret not buying the other 473 lasever form Jayrob.
That wavelength is just too cool the host is awesome as well.
Props to Wannaburnstuff and Ehgemus for this epic laser.

IsaacT

I just put a FS thread up in the BST for this Laser. I am trying to simplify my laser collection and while I really love this laser most of the fun for me is in the building.

Pman

Very nice Isaac. You're right though as I think the pics don't do it justice. +REP

It sounds as though you don't have a Dremel unless you got one recently. May I suggest the 8220 2/28. Powerful portable with 2 lithium ion batteries. Can't live without my unit. Use it at work and home. Have a couple plug-ins but there's nothing like a portable unit to make things easier. Not cheap though as it is currently $178 on Amazon. 1 hour charger. Once you start using it a lot you would want 2 batteries.
Actually they have the 1/28 for $99 right now (comes with the same stuff from what I can see other than the second battery and you could buy another battery for $40 or at another time).
Bought my future son (daughter is getting married in August) one for Christmas with a couple accessory packs and he absolutely loves it.

Last edited: