Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Diode Decanning Tool

Man people are so stupid on those infomercials when they use the generic devices lol

Hi,
It's unbelievable how many folks buy from these guys . They hire what they call Pitchmen to introduce a product in a convincing manner. And folks fall for it really ..

GSS

Im pretty sure the man behing Ronco is the pitchman from the "set it and forget it" switch on those meat roasters. I think he started out with the Mr. Microphone or something from then. I saw a story on him a while back, his net worth was in the billions. Pi my bud maby you can find it:rolleyes:

Hi, G..
Yes he does his own pitch what i was telling Vis is that they hire pitchmen with convincing voices to sell there stuff. In short a con man paid to do the deed LOL Wow and i was only joking i feel kinda bad for that, didn't know he would take me seriously . But Vis is a good sport humor minded.

rich:)

Im pretty sure the man behing Ronco is the pitchman from the "set it and forget it" switch on those meat roasters. I think he started out with the Mr. Microphone or something from then. I saw a story on him a while back, his net worth was in the billions. Pi my bud maby you can find it:rolleyes:

HaHaHaHa Yes "Ron Popeil":

Alan

It's cool lifetime its all in good fun :)

Man the food in that rotisserie looks soooo good

Last edited:
Vis,
that was cool he 's a sick patient but funny ..

Rich:)

@ Pi we can go on and on with his commercials very happy that everyone enjoys the Ronco Can Opener .LOL !

Last edited:

GSS

Lifetime no need to be sorry this turned into something to funny. VG I almost thought the same so no shame lol. Pi that was just to cool again!! Now who can find the " Bass a matic" from SNL. I have a feeling it was posted here before but for what thread I cant imagine. Now for the serious, what is the main reason for a de caner is it mainly to save a diode from a cracked or burnt window?

G,
Yes PI is loving this and who doesn't like to laugh What a great way to start off the new year at LPF with a good laugh. You are seriously correct on the use of the Can opener It saves diodes in distress ..
Thank you everyone for all the humorous come backs all are awesome . I love this Place..

Oh no, don't even get me started on Weird Al Yankovic, another great American from that golden age. I hope he retired as wealthy as Mr. Popeil did. Both are still alive! Weird Al is only slightly older than me, Born: October 23, 1959 (age 56), Downey, CA. Mr. Popeil is 80 now, was married 3 times and has 4 children, Born: May 3, 1935 (age 80), New York City, NY. He should get a special Nobel Prize or something for being one of the greatest inventors in history. Let's not forget one of Mr. Popeil's greatest but now obsolete inventions:

No doubt Weird Al greatly appreciated that one in his younger years. For those who might not know what a vinyl record is, that's what we had before CD's and even before cassette tapes.

Alan

Last edited:
Really awesome idea , I do have a few diodes sitting that needs to be decanned ... will try this later this weekend :beer:

PI,
yes vinyl record were before 8 track to , I miss all my vinyl but there coming back but at 10 times the price of when we used to buy them. Don't laugh i had one of those record cleaners they worked like a dream go figure.You do great home work buddy :)

At the Joker, Yes these tools are a necessity in our business and hobby. saves diodes and money . Folks are scared to have a diode with no cans on them you just have to be extra careful that's all. And the lens will pic up beam better without it. The divergence is a little better with the diodes i tested all are fine ..Thanks for your reply greatly appreciated Pal ..

GSS

Growing up in the 60,s we had like just about everybody did a Zenith furniture console record player and I would just stare at its arm that was made to look like a snake with 2 little eyes. The funniest part was when I played the 45s and albums at different speeds. Everything sounded like the chimpmunks christmas songs. I did have the horror though of leaving these records in a hot car or near the basement furnace, even though melted they looked cool.

Now who can find the " Bass a matic" from SNL. I have a feeling it was posted here before but for what thread I cant imagine.

PI,
yes vinyl record were before 8 track to , I miss all my vinyl but there coming back but at 10 times the price of when we used to buy them. Don't laugh i had one of those record cleaners they worked like a dream go figure.You do great home work buddy :)

8 track! :crackup: Did anyone here ever own a Sony Betamax? :crackup:

Alan

GSS

The Pi man lol:beer: I had read at one time Beta was actually better than VHS but was beaten to the punch somehow. Any truth to this?......Also who had one of the first VHS machines that had push buttons and were the size of a big microwave box

Last edited:
PI,
The Beta was short lived didn't have a chance to get anywhere the Vhs came out on it's heels blew it away. ,as GSS said to bad.. Reel to reel were before the 8 track my brother had one we used to listen to Hedrix, Airplane, All the great groups and i can't forget Herb Alpert. 8 tracks were the hip thing back then, and cassettes came along i think they were actually 16 track recordings

Who can forget the infamous Bas O Matic cool stuff