Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Delete please

I just received my aixiz laser module today. I was trying to remove the existing diode in there. IT WOULD NOT COME OUT NO MATTER WHAT. I tried tapping it out, drilling it out, and jabbing it out. It's like it's bonded in there. What should I do to get it out?? Heres a pic:

Attachments

• DSC_0526.JPG
    DSC_0526.JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 131

Re: Aixiz laser module.... HELP

You're tapping on the wrong end.. You need to stick a screwdriver or something in the front and tap the diode on it's face. Then it'll pop out of the back.

I'm not tapping on that end lol I just took a pic of that end

ahh.. just saw the deep scratches on that side..

Maybe it's been glued in or something.

For the $3 they cost I'd throw it out and buy an empty one.

Lol :p i finally got it out. I ended up drilling a hold strait though the diode then I pryed the remains out.

There you go.. I'd go with TJs suggestion next time. It's not really worth the effort over a cheap easily replaced item..

you should make sure that what ever you are resting it on that it is only supporting the module. other wise you are just pounding on the diode.

michael

Or just put a small screwdriver in the hole against the diode, hold the module with the pliers and whack it on the table. The diode will pop right out, albeit damaged.

push it out from the cap side with a TV antenna you've cut with a dremel disc. Use a vice to do so. It will come out undamaged.

you could also buy one of flaminpyros diode removal tools if you plan on doing it alot.. works great and it doesnt damage the diode.