Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

dealextreme down?

alx

I ordered few days ago, some lasers from DX shop. trying to access www.dealextreme.com yesterday and today, i saw that domain does not resolve anymore (dns problem). it doesen't look just a temporary problem. it seems to be something more severe then i thought. can somebody tell me if this website is still reacheable or is just a local problem on my side/location. somebody can communicate with them.

alx

alx

abadcaffeinetrip said:
Hmm.  No DNS changes for the last few months....years..

Registered Through
GODADDY.COM, INC.
Domain Name: dealextreme.com
Last Updated on: 07-nov-2007
Domain Servers
NS33.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS34.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

After you find out which dns are declared for dealextreme.com...did you tried to interogate it to see if are responding with something when ask about dealextreme.com? dig, host, nslookup, etc. I've done it yesterday and i saw that NS33 and N34 could not resolve www.dealextreme.com ... Probably, they didn't payed for hosting .... so i've become worried about my money...because i have an order already placed there by a week. still has status "waiting for supplyer". They mention that it take max 5 days to grab all items, but seems that is need more time... who knows... duh... now they are alive again (www2 is working).

By the way: In general, how long is taking this status "waiting for supplier"?

regards,
alx

This seems to happen periodically and is nothing to worry about, just a pain in the butt. I have a order in too, and couldn't access their site for nearly a whole day. My stuff is still "pending" after one full week, this is probably because of the Chinese lunar new year holidays over there. We will all get our stuff, remember that DX is not known for extreme speed. We'll see it sometime in February ...

DX has been going down periodicly for me and I would also like to confirm for you that none of my items have shiped out this week too. Everything is still pending. :mad: I guess I can wait.

Same here, but most of the ones that I order ship out within a couple days.