Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

dden4012 collection

very nice! ^^ i like 465nm! :D
you should add 16x 405nm 650mA or JDSU405 1A 405nm, so cool

Good pics, and yes the sanwu BE is a real gem, I wish we could talk him into making a 10X for us, I would be willing to pre order a couple, 100.00 each would be fine with me for a 10X that works as well as the 3.3X

Pics of the JL PL-E Pro 650nm 1w with 10k BE.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Hi,D,

Wow thats some collection awesome BE are a plus buddy great pics to keep the great builds

Rich:)

GSS

dden, I think it's time for another case:whistle::beer:
Quite the fascination with beam expanders you got there, way cool!

I believe the JL 10x BE is strictly for dpss. I'm going to find a way to adapt the Sanwu BE to the JL host. Right now I'm clipping a large amount of power using the JL BE. To be honest I'm kind of disappointed with the JL 650nm 1w. It doesn't seem like much effort was put into centering/aligning the diode to the optics. I haven't figured out how to get into this host to see if there is a point for adjustment. The optics assembly seems very good. No beam moving around with the rotation of the focusing ring. The host is really nice overall. Momentary and latching buttons. I have been eyeing their 532nm but I'm really concerned that the $800 price tag doesn't mean exceptional product. Powerful and unique sure, but their good enough might not meet my expectations

dden, I think it's time for another case:whistle::beer:
Quite the fascination with beam expanders you got there, way cool!

I have one ready just have to order new pick n pluck foam for it. Yeah love em. :D
Hi,D,

Wow thats some collection awesome BE are a plus buddy great pics to keep the great builds

Thanks Rich :beer: more builds to come. I have a Oc 635nm module hopefully coming in around the same time that Thor II arrives. Ill be looking for a host and heatsink for the NUGM01T gball/3x BE build/Blackbuck 8a I have planned. I really like the MX900 platform and the press fit copper and aluminum heatsinks your making look fantastic.

Last edited:
Hi D,
Yes i can do that but for the 520 O1 i will press in a larger piece of CU into a n AL sink ribbed and polished. Will run that O1 520 for days LOL !!.. Email me if ??
Thank You so much

I got the itch to make something. I wanted to make an enclosure for some tools of the hobby. My 20a test load and my Hyperion LPM. I needed to be able to remove them for use. They also needed to be attached to a stable platform. So here is what I did.
attachment.php

Some shrink wrap glued to the bottom. I ended up adding a few more tubes to take up some of the cushion.
attachment.php

Glued some antistatic material to the piece of wood. Then glued the heatshrink to the antistatic sheet on the wood.
attachment.php

Marked 2 holes for the LPM sensor to rest in. Drilled out test fit. All good.
attachment.php

I cut up a bunch of Velcro wire tie ups and generously glued them onto the boards.
attachment.php

Added the counterparts to the enclosure. I forgot to show that the rubber mat has been glued into the enclosure.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Not to bad. The LPM board has just a little give to it from the cushions but not too much. Everything stays put within reason.

Last edited:

BobMc

Pretty snazzy, keeps anything clean, in order and out of the elements. :gj:

How did you manage to fit the beam expander on the S4X?
Hey Sean. It has the extended tapered heatsink and the adapter Sanwu makes for the BE. I never had an issue. What kind of issues are you having with your S4X? It looks like it would fit fine even with the standard heatsink size. :confused:

Hey Sean. It has the extended tapered heatsink and the adapter Sanwu makes for the BE. I never had an issue. What kind of issues are you having with your S4X? It looks like it would fit fine even with the standard heatsink size. :confused:
I actually don't own an S4X. I was just surprised that a BE made by one company would work with another but I suppose the adapter works for a certain size only. What size thread is that? Also, do the BE's work on the pocket series by any chance? Even though the single mode diode don't really need it too much.

Last edited:

BobMc

Forgive me for jumping in, but Sanwu's beam expander will not work on their pockets. But they will work on any laser that uses the standard 12mm module, that is what the adapter is for. You just remove the lens ( g2 or 3 element or ?) and screw in the adapter than screw in the BE, makes the BE real versatile. Use them on all my lasers and have never have had a problem. Hope that helps?

Last edited: