Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DarkArmyOfOne's LASER SALE! Complete Lasers Shipped World-wide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IgorT

I'll show you mine if you show me yours, DarkArmyOfOne... :thanks:

Last edited:

IgorT

What currents do you use for GGWs and 203's?

I just wanna establish some baselines here, Dark...

You did say you wanted to contribute?

Dark,

Would you do some soldering for me please, so i can see what you do for $20 USD?

EDIT: Like, could you please make me a 5.7-5.9V dummy load? I have some FlexDrives i need to set?

I'll pay your standard laser build fee (even double), just to see one dummy load's worth of soldering - and i do realize it takes as much soldering as five of your classic lasers - but you don't even need a driver, and the parts cost a whopping $1USD...

I just need a dummy with two wires coming out of it... :)

So you just wanna see my soldering skills? Sure why not! All my test loads are assembled already, but i can have the parts for one in TWO days.

Do you want a nice rkcstr one with a PCB, or a custom job? ther'l be more visible solder joints on the PCB rkcstr test load...

BUT, i can also make one on a cuircular peice of bread-board, like one would go about making an LM317 driver for an MXDL or something. you know what i mean?

Where's this "solder skillz" thing come from anyways? Did i solder something bad lol?

Anyways, fill me in, havent stoped into this thread for a while.

And im trying to get you a BDR-203 for Daguin kill an 8x fund. give me a little time, but im sure i can get the order + shipping to at LEAST $150 a unit... i'lll try (Unit = entire pioneer drive)

Tyler - Dark Lasers

EDIT: why the HELL.... would you pay me $40 plus international shipping to see my solder joints? lol, im sorry, tht just seems like allot of money for such a small amount of work, that'd be like beating you over the head with you own wallet... i cant charge 40 bucks bro!

Last edited:
What currents do you use for GGWs and 203's?

I just wanna establish some baselines here, Dark...

You did say you wanted to contribute?

LATELY my GGW;s have been dying on me, so i dont breach 230mA with them ever. have yours been acting up? a few months ago i had several GGW;s running at or above 230mA and they were/still are fine.

I think a/the manufacturer has pulled a diode swap... but they still have the green stamp and everything? confuses me a bit...

203's, i'll run from anywheres from 280-350mA, and get great readings after 405-G1 glass.

IgorT

LATELY my GGW;s have been dying on me, so i dont breach 230mA with them ever. have yours been acting up? a few months ago i had several GGW;s running at or above 230mA and they were/still are fine.

I think a/the manufacturer has pulled a diode swap... but they still have the green stamp and everything? confuses me a bit...

203's, i'll run from anywheres from 280-350mA, and get great readings after 405-G1 glass.

Yeah, what currents did you use to reach 330mW? That's too much for a GGW regardless of the lens!

I usually never go above 200mA with them, and reach higher powers with diode selection. Except with the lowest efficiency diodes, i have yet to lose a single good 6x! Might try higher currents on my new cycler.

I would like you to share your numbers with me, is all.. :yh:

Otherwise, with 8x's we're all just stabbing in the dark, there we don't yet know what the MAX possible power is, which is why i proposed that idea to murder one!

Didn't think we'd get to two, but they were already shipped to me. :yh:

Last edited:

IgorT

BUT, i can also make one on a cuircular peice of bread-board, like one would go about making an LM317 driver for an MXDL or something. you know what i mean?

That's EXACTLY what i want. Si and Schottky diodes on a breadboard..
Vf has to be between 5.7-5.9V and two wires have to come out..

Where's this "solder skillz" thing come from anyways? Did i solder something bad lol?

Not to my knowledge. I just want to see your work. :yh:

And im trying to get you a BDR-203 for Daguin kill an 8x fund. give me a little time, but im sure i can get the order + shipping to at LEAST $150 a unit... i'lll try (Unit = entire pioneer drive)

That's great of you that you are lowering the price for the 8x MURDER experiment! We can get to 2 diodes MUCH easier with that price!

EDIT: why the HELL.... would you pay me $40 plus international shipping to see my solder joints? lol, im sorry, tht just seems like allot of money for such a small amount of work, that'd be like beating you over the head with you own wallet... i cant charge 40 bucks bro!

That was a joke because you weren't replying.. :angel:

Didn't know you were gone, sorry.. My wallet is not that big right now AND i have some big purchases ahead of me! :evil:

Last edited:

IgorT

Hey Dark, no need for that FIVE 8x purchase you wanted to help with...

Dave already shipped three LG 8x diodes to me, and from what i've seen they are the same as in Pioneer drives. :yh:

IgorT

Dark, there is a small matter we have to settle....

Remember the 6x module from Dave you kept and sold?!?

Well, i am rebuilding the laser for Bryce007 now, with my Glenn's 6x diode, a high efficiency one too, so basically you now owe Glenn a fresh 6x sled.....

Dark, there is a small matter we have to settle....

Remember the 6x module from Dave you kept and sold?!?

Well, i am rebuilding the laser for Bryce007 now, with my Glenn's 6x diode, a high efficiency one too, so basically you now owe Glenn a fresh 6x sled.....

I've known this for a while now, but thanks anyways IgorT.

first off, that was an ACCIDENT, no joke, ask glenn, bryce, or dave, It was a true blue mistake. It came from a "Dave something" and i didnt know Daguin as "Dave" then. so i thought LITERALY, i had bought a used module off the BST section.

The flexdrive in it was old, soldered directly to the diode using twisted stiff wire, wich didnt seem like Daguins style at all, so i was SURE it was mine. but it turned out not to be and i found out almost a MONTH after!

And i immediatly said i will take care of it, I was simply waiting on the flexdrives to come, and Dr.lava PM'ed me today actually to tell me they are in stock, so i have a NEW sled (with red diode) and some flexies on order ready to go for Glenn, unless he wants cash, wich i said was cool too, but i lose money that way.

so it was an honest mistake, no-one can deny that. it came in a small package with no note, just an empty sled, and the module in a black baggie. wich was how we confirmed it was Daves shipment, the black baggie. no one hardly uses those but you me and him i think, so anyways, thats ready to ship to glenn the second my flexies arrive :)

I hope people arent STILL thinking i kept a lousy 6x with flex on purpose going (hehehehe!) lol, it wasnt like that, I have 16 GGW sleds sitting in front of me, i have/had no need to keep such a small value item, or any item that wasnt mine for that matter. If I had known, it would have been forwarded to bryce at the time.

Hope that straightens that out...

If you see this glenn, in a couple days, the flexies will be here, and you may take your pic friend :)

So just know that IgorT, I'm no theif (wich i was dubbed when this first happened, dont know why no-one believed me... i never lied even once...) but w/e, it's over and done with, and being taken care of. i know Bryce is a little upset, but like i said, it was a true mistake, why would i do that to someone ya know? Dark Lasers has nothing to gain from two small value parts peoples, :) For the record.

Tyler - Dark Lasers

Last edited:

IgorT

I've known this for a while now, but thanks anyways IgorT.

first off, that was an ACCIDENT, no joke, ask glenn, bryce, or dave, It was a true blue mistake. It came from a "Dave something" and i didnt know Daguin as "Dave" then. so i thought LITERALY, i had bought a used module off the BST section.

The flexdrive in it was old, soldered directly to the diode using twisted stiff wire, wich didnt seem like Daguins style at all, so i was SURE it was mine. but it turned out not to be and i found out almost a MONTH after!

And i immediatly said i will take care of it, I was simply waiting on the flexdrives to come, and Dr.lava PM'ed me today actually to tell me they are in stock, so i have a NEW sled (with red diode) and some flexies on order ready to go for Glenn, unless he wants cash, wich i said was cool too, but i lose money that way.

so it was an honest mistake, no-one can deny that. it came in a small package with no note, just an empty sled, and the module in a black baggie. wich was how we confirmed it was Daves shipment, the black baggie. no one hardly uses those but you me and him i think, so anyways, thats ready to ship to glenn the second my flexies arrive :)

I hope people arent STILL thinking i kept a lousy 6x with flex on purpose going (hehehehe!) lol, it wasnt like that, I have 16 GGW sleds sitting in front of me, i have/had no need to keep such a small value item, or any item that wasnt mine for that matter. If I had known, it would have been forwarded to bryce at the time.

Hope that straightens that out...

If you see this glenn, in a couple days, the flexies will be here, and you may take your pic friend :)

So just know that IgorT, I'm no theif (wich i was dubbed when this first happened, dont know why no-one believed me... i never lied even once...) but w/e, it's over and done with, and being taken care of. i know Bryce is a little upset, but like i said, it was a true mistake, why would i do that to someone ya know? Dark Lasers has nothing to gain from two small value parts peoples, :) For the record.

Tyler - Dark Lasers

I see... So you're taking care of it?

I didn't say you were a thief, Tyler, i was just hoping you'd refund Glenn for a GGW and a FlexDrive by now... It could have been sorted out, without any waiting for FlexDrives..

I still believe PP would be the best option for this situation, simply PP the cost of a GGW and a FlexDrive to the person in question, and the matter is settled... It's that easy! The module is not needed anyway, since i'm putting it together now.

Last edited:

Ecibob

Hi there,

I'll take one of your 245 mW or 110 mW blu-ray lasers :) I'm willing to pay as soon as you get back to me. A question I have though is the 245 mW really worth the price over the 110 mW in terms of burning ability? Also, which hosts do you have available now to use? Thanks alot!

Keith

daguin

I see... So you're taking care of it?

I didn't say you were a thief, Tyler, i was just hoping you'd refund Glenn for a GGW and a FlexDrive by now... It could have been sorted out, without any waiting for FlexDrives.

You should have taken care of it the moment you figured out what had happened. That was over a month ago. The package being mailed to you was a mistake. From that point on, you were less than honest and/or diligent.

Instead of constantly trying to explain how you are innocent, you should simply apologize and make it right. Do it now. Don't try to justify why you have to wait for someone else to take an action. You can fix it now. You always could. You have chosen to drag this out for you own personal reasons. In the mean time the truly innocent member has had to do without.

Do NOT make me part of this, Tyler. I will make you my personal project. I told you in PM's that to me, harming another by intentional omission is just as bad as harming them through direct action.

Fix it and move on.

Peace,
dave

Well heres MY short response to this stupid situation.

no harm was meant to anyone. and im not the one dragging this out...

anyways, bottom line, I was talking to IgorT, so he knew where the issue stood, sorry for mentioning your name Dave, I should have PM'ed him instead.

Simple as that.

A package is on it's way to Glenn, so there IS NO MORE ISSUES... ok guys?

Relax, and let it go, for once.

Well heres MY short response to this stupid situation.

no harm was meant to anyone. and im not the one dragging this out...

anyways, bottom line, I was talking to IgorT, so he knew where the issue stood, sorry for mentioning your name Dave, I should have PM'ed him instead.

Simple as that.

A package is on it's way to Glenn, so there IS NO MORE ISSUES... ok guys?

Relax, and let it go, for once.

if you had fixed it asap there would have been nothing to move on from. just like the pm i sent you said your the one getting defensive b/c you know you got caught... if you did it by accident then you should have fixed it ASAP and not waited a month(or more)...

It's none of your concern Drew, your feathers a little ruffled today are they?

Any bloating or cramping too? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.