Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Damn :(!

I not gonna buy any lasers still the exchange rate for australia goes up :'(

Why because If I buy 100 US of laser parts, That would cost me about 145 in australian dollars :eek:!!

So I im gonna wait for the dollar to go up to atleast 80 cents other that I'm just going buy laser parts to make lasers TO sell them. ::)

So I get my dose of lasers but I dont get to keep them :mad:.

I really don't understand why lasers are expensive in Australia. You're like, right next door to China and that's where 90% of all consumer lases are made.

There has to be a local Australian company working as a trading partner with one of the Chinese manufacturers; see if you can work out a deal with them.

I would first do some research and find some local companies that use lasers as OEM parts in the things they build, then contact them and see what firm they get their lasers from -I bet they get them cheaper than the US wholesale price.

Just a thought.

daguin

SuicideKing said:
[highlight]I really don't understand why lasers are expensive in Australia.[/highlight] You're like, right next door to China and that's where 90% of all consumer lases are made.
There has to be a local Australian company working as a trading partner with one of the Chinese manufacturers; see if you can work out a deal with them.
I would first do some research and find some local companies that use lasers as OEM parts in the things they build, then contact them and see what firm they get their lasers from -I bet they get them cheaper than the US wholesale price.
Just a thought.

:-/ erm . . . because they're illegal? :-?

Just a thought ::)

Peace,
dave

Ah not to hyjack the thread but I haven't seen VillageIdiot post in a while he was the AUSSIE
goto on the forum I wonder how he has been. He would have a whimsickle idea on the OZ
doldrum. :)

hi mate i can sort u out with laser parts for cheap.....let me know what it is that you want and i can provide them ;)

SuicideKing said:
I really don't understand why lasers are expensive in Australia. You're like, right next door to China and that's where 90% of all consumer lases are made.

Just a thought.

Cause the exchange rate and there illegal here so almost every website that sells laser parts is in US and EURO and I have to turn AUS money into there currency and one of AUS dollars is 65 cents in US.

Ah, I remember about 9 months ago when the exchange rate was more like 0.95 AUD to 1 USD.

That's when I bought all my lasers, and boy I'm glad I bought them when I did ;D Doesn't help you much though :(

Cause the exchange rate and there illegal here so almost every website that sells laser parts is in US and EURO and I have to turn AUS money into there currency and one of AUS dollars is 65 cents in US.

AUSTRALIA
  • Funnel Web Spiders
  • Bulldog Ants
  • Shark infested beaches
  • 4 out of 10 of the 10 deadliest snakes in the world
  • Funnel Web Spiders
  • Crocodiles in the rivers
  • Funnel Web Spiders
  • Illegal to own lasers

Thanks for the info. I've now updated my "Reasons not to go there" list for Australia.

While I have the database open, does anyone know if Panama is still having that vampire bat problem?

-thanks.

AusLasersSuck said:
I not gonna buy any lasers still the exchange rate for australia goes up  :'(

Why because If I buy 100 US of laser parts, That would cost me about 145 in  australian dollars   :eek:!!

So I im gonna wait for the dollar to go up to atleast 80 cents other that I'm just going buy laser parts to make lasers TO sell them.  ::)

So I get my dose of lasers but I dont get to keep them  :mad:.

wow how does that work?...the way everyone is crying about a recession i would think the aus dollars would be more than the us dollar.......
i find it strange that things only started going down hill once everyone officially decided we were in a recession.......
lets try another stimulas plan! we can borrow money from china, give it to the people so they can buy some more crap from china.....that'll get the american economy booming again!!  ;D

thats pretty much what i do.........
i sell my lasers so i can buy more laser stuff.....
i'm not even making a profit, each laser i sell costs me 30-40 dollars.......but i don't look at it as losing money, i see it as making this hobby cheaper :)
...i could save even more, but i don't want to sell cheap crappy lasers......if i sell them i want them to last a long time.

daguin

Mohrenberg said:
wow how does that work?...the way everyone is crying about a recession i would think the aus dollars would be more than the us dollar.......

This recession is a world-wide phenomenon. Economies are no longer isolated and/or insulated from each other. Some places in the world are worse off than the US.

Peace,
dave

SuicideKing said:

AUSTRALIA
  • Funnel Web Spiders
you said that 3 times.
  • Bulldog Ants
Barely any
  • Shark infested beaches
Not true
  • 4 out of 10 of the 10 deadliest snakes in the world
True
  • Funnel Web Spiders
In the bush
  • Crocodiles in the rivers
True
  • Funnel Web Spiders
In the bush
  • Illegal to own lasers
True (over 1 mw)

Thanks for the info. I've now updated my "Reasons not to go there" list for Australia.

While I have the database open, does anyone know if Panama is still having that vampire bat problem?

-thanks.

[quote author=AusLasersSuck link=1233639876/0#12 date=1233818170][quote author=SuicideKing link=1233639876/0#7 date=1233790291][\quote]

Sorry, all I know about Australia I've learned from the Nature channel. ;)
-and I mentioned funnel web spiders 3 times, because those things totally freak me out. :eek:

D

Deleted member 8382

1 euro being 1.25USD while it was like 1.42 i think some months ago -.-