Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Daedal's new BluRay LASER

naplam

How visible is a blue-violet laser, compared to a green or a red of the same power?

Daedal

Damn near invisible :p

It's almost UV and thus just as visible as 670-680nm

--DDL

jlx87

hey DDL, i'm really new to this kind of stuff so i have a few questions

1) how much did it cost to make that?

2) would it be easy for a beginner to do?

3) if it's not easy and fairly priced, do you sell these?

Things

well if the blu-ray gb is still going, you can prolly make one for <$100, although you have to be VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY careful with the diodes, as they die from almost anything!

Daedal

jlx87 said:
hey DDL, i'm really new to this kind of stuff so i have a few questions

1) how much did it cost to make that?

2) would it be easy for a beginner to do?

3) if it's not easy and fairly priced, do you sell these?

1) About... Maybe... $300-400? :-? That was my first working BluRay after killing 3 BluRay testing to find the right settings for them. :eek: :(

2) No, not for a beginner... ::)

3) I do sell the diodes for much cheaper than I used to get them back then (~$100) as they are not $30 (see my sig), and I can also salvage and assemble yours into a full laser for a fee :cool:

Thanx;
DDL

tomcat

i was wondering what power would you get from a bluray writer.. about 60mw? im geussing no burning power but damn bright ( and expensive)

Daedal

60mW would probably be your result if you're extremely lucky. But if you manage to salvage and use the diode without killing it, it'd still be cheaper than the significantly more expensive cousin from WL :p
;D

--DDL

Hi Mo! I just wanted to get an idea of how much I need to scrape together to get a BluRay like your first one made from the PS diode assyembly I ordered lately? If you gave me the dimensions, that would fit in the box, and around the diode case, I could fabricate a silver heat sink to make the diode lose heat. (also I can make several if you want) Also, I have a lot of very unique gemstones, and jewelry, and Christmas is coming, hint hint! Maybe we can trade some of my best work for some of yours? I make some near magical type stuff! http://www.custombyglenn.com/pends02.gif Email me at scopeguy20@gmail.com

hi Daedal i done the same as yours and i try to edit in photoshop to see the actual color of it as you are saying.. here it is..

Attachments

• bluray_on_my_pc_table.JPG
    bluray_on_my_pc_table.JPG
    204.1 KB · Views: 88
Anyone interested in buying a bluray, I make them at quite a decent price, can be <$100 w/out warranty.
Or <$150 w/out warranty for one in a metal case with a TEC active regulated temperature control system... :D
I can make it custom in pretty much any way easily, even make a pulse circuit for higher output.
(Applies for reds too. Prices and all.)

BlueFusion said:
Anyone interested in buying a bluray, I make them at quite a decent price, can be <$100 w/out warranty.
Or <$150 w/out warranty for one in a metal case with a TEC active regulated temperature control system... :D
I can make it custom in pretty much any way easily, even make a pulse circuit for higher output.
(Applies for reds too. Prices and all.)

Can you put one in a normal laser pointer type body? This is what I'm waiting on to buy a Blu-Ray. Also, what are your typical outputs? I'm looking for something between 10 and 15 mw.

Thank you

Rob.

Ooh, interest.
I do happen to have a dead greenie that I _might_ be able to put a BluRay in. Slightly thinner than Newwish style. PM me if you're interested; it would be a fair bit of work so the price tag would be a bit higher...

BTW, 15mW on a BluRay is really pushing it unless pulsed. A pulsed driver would likely be too big for a pen body; so you can either have ~7mW or really short lifetime.