Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DAC vs. DMX and where to buy

lol gona do a few more pics tonight, so keep an eye on my photo thread in the media section

what about alphalite pro xc?

that is what i always used and am very familar with it.

i have been out of the laser/party scene for over a year now and am getting back in and will be building my own laser shortly.

the only downfall for me with the alpha lite is it doesnt have usb capabilities.

i really like their abstract (.AB1) and sine (.SIN) files and how you can play with the draw speeds and also play with the abstract x and y oscillators.

are there any DAC's that are simlar to that but have usb?

heres a link for reference and also you can download a demo on there.

laserillusions.com/index.html

(i cant post links)

also here is a new years show i did and i was actually playing around with this abstract live to make a few different effects

youtube.com/watch?v=IXb3qwQLzQ4

but my goal is to be able to do like things of this sort so if you could refer me to another program that would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advanced

im not impressed with that video, whats so special about it?

other dacs cna do much more than move a circle round

Hi All. :san: I did buy there DAc and it died. well now it is 3 months later and no DAC from there so called warenty with a possible repair charge or a $65.00 return charge if they feel like it. :cryyy: So in the long run they are not worth it. Buy Quality not the cheaper junk from China. Don't bother with there no responce when you want something. They only want your money then they respond to you all the time. Chinese department store is a question of sanity. You will loose. John: g:

The Ishow DAC is very cheap. I tried to contact the Ishow makers to get info for making a driver for Spaghetti but they did not respond. Maybe with better software it would be a good deal but I do not know.

If anyone has one of these IShow DACs and would let me borrow it for a little while I could try to sniff the USB packets and try to write a driver for it to work with Spaghetti. For your trouble I would be happy to offer you a few Spaghetti license files that you could keep or sell.

I don't know what it is but I have seen them as low as $135 so they are very worth looking into. It would be nice if the company that makes them would be a little more helpful. I haven't managed to even get a response from them.