Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

cyonics uinphase argon ion laser

Hi,

I would like to know does anyone know where I can buy a cyonics uniphase argon ion laser from?

I am looking for the model 2014A-20SL 20mW argon ion laser system, however I can't seem to find any companies that sell this model.

Can any body help?

Thanks!

HIMNL9

new or used units ?

for new ones, they cost a lot ... used, probably from ebay, or also maybe from some of the older members here, i remember some of them have Ar-Ion lasers for sale, time by time ..... Dave (daguin) comes first in mind, but i'm sure there are others .....

2014 is the square housing right? I sold my last JDSU AR-ion about a year ago. It was a cylindrical 2214-30SL though. I seem to recall I got around $400 for the whole turnkey system off ebay.

At the moment, I am up for both new or used lasers.

The laser I have has hardly been used but does not work anymore so I need a replacement for it. The cheaper option would be more preferable

IIRC, a member named timelablelasers or something like that was selling single line argons for pretty good prices. Try a search on the BST section.

At the moment, I am up for both new or used lasers.

The laser I have has hardly been used but does not work anymore so I need a replacement for it. The cheaper option would be more preferable

If it's been sitting a long time, that's probably the problem. Argon-ion's don't like sitting for prolong periods without being run. They really need to be run for a couple of hours once a year or so, or else there's a chance they'll end up with high tube pressure and be hard to start. If this is the case with yours, there's probably nothing really wrong with it except it needs a bit of help lighting. Sometimes you can just let them sit and try to light for hours and they'll eventually start, but usually you need something like a oudin coil to zap the tube with while it's trying to light to ionize the argon and get it to light. Once it's lit, run it for a few hours at medium current to embed some of the gas back in the tube walls and providing you don't let it sit for long periods again without running it, it should be fine.

can help you more if we know your location- plz put it in your profile-- I have 4 to sell.

Morgan

^ I have 7 to sell! :na:

He says crossing his fingers, closing eyes tightly and whispering quickly, "Please be in the UK. Please be in the UK. Please be in the UK..."

M
:)

^ I have 7 to sell! :na:

He says crossing his fingers, closing eyes tightly and whispering quickly, "Please be in the UK. Please be in the UK. Please be in the UK..."

M
:)
NO NO NO

plz be in Texas Plz be in Texas --Plz be in Texas!!!!

I have one sold--three left.

But as Morgan will tell you-- the shipping on these can be brutal--AND they really should be shipped in two seperate boxes. Who wants heavy PS bouncing around with the delicate head!!!!

SOOOO if you are not in Texas maybe, I hope you are in the the UK near my freind Morgan!!

If you have never seen the beauty of a gas laser you are missing a great experience.

hak

If you have never seen the beauty of a gas laser you are missing a great experience.

hak

Or, in the case of air cooled ion lasers, you happen to get a little chilly. They make wonderful heaters as well. :D

^^^ I was going to say that-- I love doing the maintenance monthy runs here in chilly Tx -- we had snow last year!! In the summer i want to vent the blower outside the house.

Kinda coolish tonite-- time to fire up a few Argons. I need new photos too!!

If it's been sitting a long time, that's probably the problem. Argon-ion's don't like sitting for prolong periods without being run. They really need to be run for a couple of hours once a year or so, or else there's a chance they'll end up with high tube pressure and be hard to start. If this is the case with yours, there's probably nothing really wrong with it except it needs a bit of help lighting. Sometimes you can just let them sit and try to light for hours and they'll eventually start, but usually you need something like a oudin coil to zap the tube with while it's trying to light to ionize the argon and get it to light. Once it's lit, run it for a few hours at medium current to embed some of the gas back in the tube walls and providing you don't let it sit for long periods again without running it, it should be fine.

before i used it, the laser had not been used for approximately 5 years. i have used it quite a few times, the first fe times the laser was working fine. after that it just seemed to die. The blue beam that shows that the laser is working just became fainter and fainter, until it completely stopped working.

Do you think the laser will start when its been lighted?