Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Customer Service Experiences (jayrob & flaminpyro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

plexus

Pyro, you are completely missing my point. If that were the case, there would have been a discussion with Digi-key. They wouldn't just say "you have a good day now". There would be customer care. Maybe they would agree to replace the part, free, for a fee or not at all. But, they offer a warranty and a process not just a good day.

Like I said, I did not expect a replacement. I expect customer care to some degree beyond what you offered. Sorry. Live and learn.

I have learned my lesson re laser kit building: be very careful and it is still possible to take a loss on parts due to error or pushing the specs. Perhaps you and jay can take a lesson too: state your warranty policy up front and set expectations with your customers about it. That would have mitigated all this (lack of) customer service issues.

What's worse is your posts on this topic verge on condescending. This is very bizzare to me that you would not only offer no customer support but laugh down at your customers, especially one that has an issue with your business. Usually a business would want to work with a disgruntled customer to work out any issues and get them to post that at least they were able to work something out. Your approach is highly... unusual and I am not sure what you think you'll gain from it.

I am still open to you and jay working with me on this. And like i said I am not expecting a replacement. How? You figure it out, you are the businesses and i am just a customer.

Last edited:

waitaminute

You want someone to talk to you about how they are not replacing your diode? What more is there to say than I'm not replacing the diode? What is an expected length of time for that statement?

I'm not following what you are looking for here.

plexus

waitaminute

You want someone to talk to you about how they are not replacing your diode? What more is there to say than I'm not replacing the diode? What is an expected length of time for that statement?

I'm not following what you are looking for here.

Pontiacg5, stay out of it. Your lack of intelligence is astounding. Read my posts and if you have something constructive to offer, go for it. Otherwise go burn some cd cases to get it out of your system.

There you go not responding to a question asked but telling me I'm condesecending, bizzar and any thing else you can think up huh...

Why don't you just answer my question stright out, did you explain to Digi-Key you would be driving there semiconuctors at 200+% of there ratings and then will be asking for a refund on all the ones you blow up !

Pleas just answer the question and we will get this over with quickly...

And for your info this is a open forum and any one can speak there mind so you shouldn't be telling members that have been here longer that you to stay out of it, you have no place to do that !!! that is the quickest way to get neg repped !!!
If you don't want people to respond to your posts DONT make them !!!

This is starting to go over the edge, I feel I gave you as good of service as I would give any one else and if you doubt I can provid good service maby you should look here:http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/bought-custom-445-laser-flaminpyro-pic-heavy-55525.htmlhttp://laserpointerforums.com/f63/awesome-repair-services-flaminpyro-50065.htmlhttp://laserpointerforums.com/f63/great-buying-experiences-flaminpyro-46287.htmlhttp://laserpointerforums.com/f52/flamin-pyro-coleman-max-build-48769.html

Last edited:
Pontiacg5, stay out of it. Your lack of intelligence is astounding. Read my posts and if you have something constructive to offer, go for it. Otherwise go burn some cd cases to get it out of your system.

I just like pointing out how dumb you are, you make it pretty easy.

I can see you are about to snap. All trolls do eventually :beer:

plexus

There you go not responding to a question asked but telling me I'm condesecending, bizzar and any thing else you can think up huh...

Why don't you just answer my question stright out, did you explain to Digi-Key you would be driving there semiconuctors at 200+% of there ratings and then will be asking for a refund on all the ones you blow up !

Pleas just answer the question and we will get this over with quickly...

I did NOT get into specifics with digi-key. you brought it up as an example in general, that digi-key would offer no customer support. so i called to ask and you are wrong. from what i understand, i would have the option to make a warranty claim and digi-key would work with me to find a solution. even if that "solution" was to say "ok we assessed your use of it and because you were driving it beyond specs, we can't not replace it." that would be FINE - why? because they worked WITH me on the situation. they gave me customer care, not just "you have a nice day now", as you did.

How many times do i have to say it? I am not looking for a replacement from you. just customer care.

And for your info this is a open forum and any one can speak there mind so you shouldn't be telling members that have been here longer that you to stay out of it, you have no place to do that !!! that is the quickest way to get neg repped !!!
If you don't want people to respond to your posts DONT make them !!!

Oh I'm sorry, I misunderstood. Pontiacg5 has told me not to post in his threads in the past and even -repped me just for doing so. I thought thought it was a typical thing you could do here. Thanks for clarifying.

Last edited:
Oh I'm sorry, I misunderstood. Pontiacg5 has told me not to post in his threads in the past and even -repped me just for doing so. I thought thought it was a typical thing you could do here. Thanks for clarifying.

Awww, did I hurt you're feelers? Don't cry!

You still make no sense, you were told that the diode was not going to be replaced. What further "customer service" would be needed after that?

I'm not sure why you're still going on about this issue.

We already know that the components were initially working and died due to too much current being run through them (this is a setting you set). Given that is the case you simply cannot expect them to offer you free parts due to your mistreatment of their products, their business model does not support that nor does any companies.

Knowing that you burned out the components I'm not sure how much of a conversation you really want them to have with you. In my mind this conversation would consist of the following response...

"I'm sorry but based on the information you have given me it sounds like component was working properly but you exceeded the maximum safe current causing the premature failure. The current maximum current for this product is xxx. If you would like to purchase a replacement part I could certainly handle that for you but unfortunately I would not be able to send you a free replacement."

After that there isn't really much more to say. I also find it quite irritating that after you killed both components you come on the forums to complain about the customer service, but in none of your posts have you given a full accounting of how YOU actually killed the components. Instead making it sound like you were sent faulty or defective components and that you were somehow wronged when the reality is, you were sent perfectly fine, working components that you destroyed through a mistake, or lack of knowledge, or whatever you want to call it. Bottom line is that you destroyed the product, no company warranties products due to user error and that's ultimately what we're talking about here.

I care about you I realy do we are some how alike or we wouldn't be doing the same thing here, my problem is you trying to push your beliefs onto me.
I'm a grown man and make my own decissions I made a decission not to replace your LD based on the facts you gave me and you couldn't live with that and started a couple threads complaining about it, but mostly telling only one side of the story.

I would care to see you call Digi-Key and do as I suggested and see if they will replace your semiconductors that you blow up becaus you are over driving them.

Around here we stand up stright, This about covers it for me, I realy have to many things to do, LATER...

I did NOT get into specifics with digi-key. you brought it up as an example in general, that digi-key would offer no customer support. so i called to ask and you are wrong. from what i understand, i would have the option to make a warranty claim and digi-key would work with me to find a solution. even if that "solution" was to say "ok we assessed your use of it and because you were driving it beyond specs, we can't not replace it." that would be FINE - why? because they worked WITH me on the situation. they gave me customer care, not just "you have a nice day now", as you did.

How many times do i have to say it? I am not looking for a replacement from you. just customer care.

Last edited:

plexus

[snip]

I would care to see you call Digi-Key and do as I suggested and see if they will replace your semiconductors that you blow up becaus you are over driving them.

This about covers it for me, I realy have to many things to do, LATER...

According to the manufacture specifications, the max forward current is 1.2A which is what I had the driver set to. I was not running the diode over spec and I would expect an replacement from digi-key had I purchased it from them.

http://www.nichia.co.jp/specification/en/product/ld/NDB7352-E.pdf

Ha,

Look up #3 on the second page.

Edit: You idiot, that's not even the data sheet for this diode. That sheet is for a 9mm diode

Last edited:

Toke

In your position I would be really annoyed at having just destroyed some expensive parts, but I would be blaming myself and not seek reparation from the seller.

In your position I would be really annoyed at having just destroyed some expensive parts, but I would be blaming myself and not seek reparation from the seller.

That is what a normal person does, but Plexus is so much better than everyone else. He doesn't mess anything up, it's obviously someone else's fault ;)

DTR

Plexus I though you said you were done whining.

I have covered all the issues and so there is not really much else to say. so i will not post anything about these customer service issues, parts replacement, etc.

Got an issue? Here's a tissue.:cryyy::cryyy::cryyy::cryyy::cryyy:

1206285632.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ped
You guys, even if he is in the wrong, it doesn't make you a better person to argue back. State you reason and leave it.

Don't argue with stupid people. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

daguin

Since Plexus decided to post this in two different places, I am posting my response in both places. We will probably make a decision later as to deletion or editing . . . . . .

I just read through this entire thread and the other because of complaints and reported posts. Here is what I see

Plexus bought parts from several different people

ALL of those parts were working and as described when he received them

He assembled one laser incorrectly and broke his driver

He did "something" to a working diode to cause his diode to blow

Now my opinion --

Jayrob's kit is very easy to work with. I have assembled many of them without any problems. Plexus' inability to do so is NOT Jayrob's problem. Jayrob is NOT responsible for the driver that Plexus broke because he was unable to assemble the parts correctly

The diode received from FlamingPyro was working when it was received by Plexus. There was a wonderful explanation of ESD damage and protection. However, the fact that it was working for an hour before it died is proof that it was NOT damaged by ESD before Plexus received it. Either Plexus did something to cause the failure or there was some condition beyond the control of FlamingPyro that caused the failure. FlamingPyro is NOT responsible for Plexus blowing the diode.

You keep saying "customer service" when what you mean is "help me pay for what I broke."

Dude -- An ESD damaged diode doesn't run at high current for an hour and then just die as a result of that ESD damage. I cannot say why your diode died. If you had sent the failed laser to someone more knowledgeable and experienced than you they may have been able to figure it out. However, you took it apart and rebuilt it with other components. I can say that it was not ESD and that FP is not in any way responsible for it.

Your inability to assemble a laser correctly has NO bearing on Jayrob AND certainly doesn't make him responsible for a part that you bought from someone else

You appear to be just trying to dig your hands into what you perceive as "deep pockets" (a "commercial seller") to get someone else to help cover the loss that YOU caused all by yourself.

You got all the "customer service" you need when you were told, "You broke it, you bought it. Have a nice day"

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.