Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

*custom host design*

I was wanting to know if anyone can help me press a diode and set an xdrive

What do you mean by that? Are you looking for a member in your area who you can meet in person who will help you?

If you just need instructions then there are tutorials and videos. You will need the proper tools.

You are better off just buying a complete module and preset driver.

Alan

APEX1

You are better off just buying a complete module and preset driver.

Alan

I've told him that a million times lol

20150806_223048_zpsyjlqhujw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] this is what I'm sending you bud
and I'm giving you a roll of solder

Alright I will just tell ehgemus to make me one that accepts built modules.. That would make it a lot easier.

APEX1

yes it will be a lot easier for you, do a couple of them, keep reading the info on the forums, watch the tutorials, etc.. then you go for the full build

yes it will be a lot easier for you, do a couple of them, keep reading the info on the forums, watch the tutorials, etc.. then you go for the full build

The problem is... I can only get one laser for my funds right now....
So if I will be getting my next one, it would be this end of the year. Or possibly next year..

Last edited:

APEX1

your preaching to the choir here bud lol If I'm lucky I get to do maybe 3 builds a year haha

MG100

well when i bought it it said 1w to 2w maby china dose it differently lol

APEX1

No, I'm sure they ment its for a 1 or 2w diode. Which I never understood why they don't just say what the amperage is!

Last edited:

MG100

well there's a pot on it and when i tun it it gets brighter or less bright some iam gessing at full it can run a 2W diode and at low it can do a 1W diode

so the Wattage is the amperage?

sorry this is getting off topic, isn't that a rule or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

APEX1

Nope! Diodes aren't 100% Efficient. The pot increases and decreases amps! Oh and try not to double post, use the edit option to add or edit you comments. Double posting isn't allowed, vets and mods don't like it! :)

Last edited: