Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

*custom host design*

well there's a pot on it and when i tun it it gets brighter or less bright some iam gessing at full it can run a 2W diode and at low it can do a 1W diode

Wow I didn't know that blue 1w lasers have "pots" you can adjust...
:wtf:

APEX1

Almost every driver has a pot if its an adjustable driver lol! Its not a good idea to pot mod a diode cause it will overdrive it and in the long run kill it!

MG100

well i did that because i think its actually a 2W diode because i found the same part # on a different ebay listing and it said 2W but the one i bought was only $20 and said 1W, but i am running it at 2W and it gets a bit warm

I think it wasn't 1W due to the price and ebay seller. As you can see a true 1W diode cost more than your laser itself... And a driver would cost you 20$ or more depending on the amps. Also you would need to drop in 5$ for a cheap host. So that would sum up to about 60-80$$.....

Do you work with machines or just molding?
Edit: it seems like there are no avaliable battery source other than plugging it in an use port?

Last edited:
No there is a battery in the picture, it appears to be charging from a USB charger. That module isn't Heat sinked though, I wouldn't turn it on more than 15 seconds at a time, even that may be too long.

Alan

MG100

i "work" with lathes mills and CNCs, also ya it gets hot after a few sec that's why i have it hooked up to a button not a switch, ps the battery is 400 mah and the chagers just one of those cheap ebay once they work good for the price i got 10 of them for $5

Last edited:

APEX1

my head is starting to hurt from this thread lol don't chance buying those cheapo drivers and diodes when we have great members here that make them so you no what your getting when you buy from LPF

my head is starting to hurt from this thread lol don't chance buying those cheapo drivers and diodes when we have great members here that make them so you no what your getting when you buy from LPF

My funds will be released Thursday.......
I couldn't wait lol

APEX1

bout time lol It's crazy how long it takes to get your money when you sell on fleabay

MG100

ya but ebays so much cheaper lol i dont have a job or anythings so money is hard to get iam only 16