Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Custom Flamingpyro Focus Adptr on my XL100!

Ra1nfade

Flamingpyro (Jeff) made me a custom focus adapter to work with my XL100 445.

I Pm'd him a 3D rendering that I made in Inventor and he worked his lathey magic ;) From round bar stock to custom focus piece :)

And He also inlayed 6 Trits :D 3 blue trits surrounding the aperture and 3 red inlayed around the OD of the adapter.

The pictures I took were on my camera phone and so I could not get a nice shot in the dark where it would show they glowing but it is makes a nice glow :)

Couldn't be happier with the way it turned out! Thanks Jeff :beer:

Heres the drawing he had to work from and the final result is down below ;)

Straight from the man himself

Here are some shots with a Stevie G2 lens otpic installed

Here are some shots with it installed

Kmor2004

That is pretty nice.....Scratch that that is very nice, however pics or you don't have trits, you just have pretty glass beads in it. (J\K) :na:

Ra1nfade

lol there not beads! They're pretty pieces of rice ;)

It is a nice nice piece of machine work :) the piece looks a little rough from the machine marks in the pictures but the finish is nice just not mirror polished.

Last edited:

Ra1nfade

It would take me awhile to polish out those heavy cut marks :whistle:

You're right about the section thing, I wasn't sure If needed to put it in multimedia just to show the pictures or reviews...

Any mods that need to move to apprpriate section please feel free ;)

Ra1nfade

lol yeah I thought your were talking about the fins :) Yeah, if I asked him he probably would have put a good polish to it.

woooww
NICE HOST!!
looks like what some guy in a suit would pull out of his pocket :)
whered u get that btw?
the flashlight host i ment

jib77

That is epic ... and personally I like the machine marks ... plus they hide the inevitable scratches better than polished stuff. :)

LaZeRz

Yeh

Some people prefer a rough look instead of the easily scratched and fingerprint prone polished finish

Ra1nfade

the flashlight host i ment
Thanks, I got it at home depot along with her sister the XL50, which still is a flashlight. Although I got mine to lase it is a rather tough host to work with. I had to completely rebuild mine from the heatsink to the tailswitch. So all that is really left is in fact the shell of the flashlight ;)

I like the machine marks, most of the builds that I machine myself I leave the natural turned finish, and you dont have wipe fingerprints of of it evrytime its touched.

I will say though there is no replacement for a top notch mirror finish ;)

jeffd

:D
Yeh

Some people prefer a rough look instead of the easily scratched and fingerprint prone polished finish
I agree. I am a big fan of the rough metal look over the polished finsih that seems to be so popular lately...

Awesome laser btw! Flaminpyro has some serious machining skills:D