Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Custom 900 Lumen Maglite - Made to order - Sell or Trade

Thanks for the tip, those D lithium batteries are not rechargeable, they're only 3 volts each, and there $15. When I use D sized lithiums, I go with rechargeable protected 32650's.

I must confess that i am very tempted to buy one off your hands. Now for a silly question do your prices include the maglite itself or just the modwork?

I got in to high powered flashlights years back when i worked as a shooting instructor we had those very small flashlights that had extremely bright lights but rab out of juice quickly and used expensive batteries like you have in some cameras.

but your brainchild actually has some staying power too, so it becomes doubly tempting.

i think i'll get one from my next paycheck. your asking price is about 1000 swedish crowns and that aint bad. I was checking out some Lux fanatic websites and stores here in sweden and most of the stuff they have for sale doesn't come anywhere near 900 lumens and costs alot. How long would the batteries last on the smallest 2 cell model? its that one or the 4 cell for me

The price includes the Maglite :na:

I cannot make a 2C Maglite and run it off of two disposable alkaline batteries. Its just not enough voltage to power the LED. But I can mod the 2C Maglite to accept two rechargeable 18650 batteries. You will get 900 lumens, and get a really long runtime.

Last edited:
How much is a 2C maglight modded as ou described above?

I also have a 445nm pen I could trade.

sweet i was checking the sizes and i'm having a hard time making up my mind. the 2 cell is nice and compact for added lugging around capacity and in the real world that tends to be a good selling point. I like the 3 or 4 cell designs too but they are quite large and heavy...hmm *puts on his pondering cap* the solution you provided would be excellent tho. I think after checking the size comparison chart on the maglite webpage the 3 D cell model would be best after all. the battery mod is tempting but i think its more versatile if it can run on regular batteries since they tend to run out when you need the light the most

sweet i was checking the sizes and i'm having a hard time making up my mind. the 2 cell is nice and compact for added lugging around capacity and in the real world that tends to be a good selling point. I like the 3 or 4 cell designs too but they are quite large and heavy...hmm *puts on his pondering cap* the solution you provided would be excellent tho. I think after checking the size comparison chart on the maglite webpage the 3 D cell model would be best after all. the battery mod is tempting but i think its more versatile if it can run on regular batteries since they tend to run out when you need the light the most

Well you could do a 3C Maglite that runs on Alkalines. Or you could do a 4C that can take three 18650's or four C alkalines.

How much is a 2C maglight modded as ou described above?

I also have a 445nm pen I could trade.

$200 for the light, batteries, and charger included.

200 smack-a-roonies for the modded 2c with charger AND batteries. Now we are talking methinks! does the charger possibly have the euro (2 round prongs) connector for the wall socket too?

i think i found the winner from the choices above. I'll post aline when i gots the shiny coins for it

Tabish

Whats the runtime on a single P7 using 32650's at HIGH ? What about alkaline D's instead ?

A single P7 with three D alkalines runs about 90 minutes. Nimh would significantly boost it. Three 32650's on a single P7 theortically speaking, calculated runtime would be about 10 hours on high, but thats an optomistic guess.

G

genius5th

you wont be dissapointed, I love mine! program modes are the icing on the cake