Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CPU Cooling Help.

On the other hand, ORGANIC COOLING!!!!111!

organiccooling.jpg

vk2fro

I'm surprised you didnt smell the protective sheet cooking and stinking as the cpu warmed up (mabye the pc's protection was shutting it down too quickly).

We've all done it.

I couldnt work out why my cpu was so hot in windows. I'd only installed a new tb hard drive.

Turns out I'd forgotten to plug my pump cable back in. (it gets in the way of the hard drive cage).

Or when I first installed the water cooler - computer kept shutting off in bios. Turns out it was a "cpu fan fail" event - fixed by running one of the radiator fans tacho wire to the cpu fan header.

I5 2500K oc'ed to 4.5ghz. Screams :)

LaZeRz

I5 2500K oc'ed to 4.5ghz. Screams :)

Thats pretty extreme!

I might OC my i5 to around the 4ghz mark and then run it through orthros to stress test it. If it doesn't go over 80 degrees celcius and its stable then I'l keep it there. No point in overclocking it any more, lol :)

vk2fro

is yours the K model?

they go to 5ghz easy under water - my chip isnt overclocked too extremely I would say as its cooled by a water loop - 4.5Ghz on air yeah that I would say is getting extreme :)

Always the little things... I still remember applying thermal paste the first time.

Put on waaaay too much and cpu was actually performing worse than it did with the stock cooler lol:p

What's funny is, after some initial fun with OCing, I rolled everything back to stock. Was able to keep the temp under 80 even at 4.2 though, threw every test I could think of at it:D

LaZeRz

yeh, I might upgrade to sandybrigde in the coming year. I've spent enough on my PC this year :D

BTW: My cpu stays under 48 degrees celcius overclocked @ 3.6ghz while running CoD4. I have to say, im impressed!

Last edited:

vk2fro

yes, me too - having only recently upgraded from a E8500 to the I5, I bought a cpu, motherboard, ram and a hard drive.

Thats enuf for the next 6 months. The SSD drive upgrade will have to wait until:

Mini Thumper is built
I get my icom 756 pro III
Thor project is finished
I finally get my 1/5 scale RC built
I get a new camera (and perhaps an ipad 2).

I can see the computer getting the SSD in what.... 2016? :p

^^^For the moment, unless you're constantly opening large files and restarting your computer three times an hour, SSD's are not really necessary... So long as you have a decent amount of ram:p

vk2fro

yep got 8 gb of ram - when I get back to playing with VM's again, thats when I'll probably up it to 16Gb and chuck in an ssd.

Genrally I reboot my computer once or twice... a month. Its on 24/7 :)

And lazers, neither of those video clips were playable. 5 seconds of those awful "silicon sam" voices is enough for me :p

Last edited:

LaZeRz

Lol, if you were using headphones then I agree it sounds like crap.

My desktop speakers make it sound "normal-ish"

Anyways, their pretty funny.

some quotes "It can build you an island, then turn into a f***ing jet and fly you there"

Response:"I don't care, I wan't the Iphone 4"

"it can grant you three wishes, one of them being an iPhone 4"

Response: "I don't care"

"I't can f***cking print money"

Response "I don't care"

"Im going to have to chop off my dick to stop my children from growing up in a world full of assholes like you"

Lol :D

Edit: 1700 posts :D

Last edited:

vk2fro

LOL @ it can print money. So its a counterfeiting factory that can make phone calls :p

Sat thru the first one - if you ignore the horrid voices, its quite amusing :)

Well whaddya know - had to reboot 6 times last night - bios upgrade and itunes update.

Last edited: