Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Copper Pen Host - The Cypreus Series 2x10440 - [All Sold]

Tmack

Re: PRESALE ENDED: Copper Pen Host - The Cypreus Series 2x10440 {All Orders Shipped}

pegagyju.jpg

3 finished

518mw 638nm
505mw 405nm
1730mw 445nm

:) I actually put a small circle of foam around the springs because I was having problems with the spring shifting left and right. This will ensure they line up and only put pressure on it towards the module. Very effective.

Re: PRESALE ENDED: Copper Pen Host - The Cypreus Series 2x10440 {All Orders Shipped}

What would you say the duty cycle is on the 445nm one? Just want an idea on how high I should go with mine

Very cool, need to build mine soon. Just curious what peoples plans are when a diode or driver dies in one of these hosts. It will be a real fun time trying to get it back apart. Anyone ever had to do this before?

Tmack

I had it one over a minute and it was only warm. These things are heavy especially with batteries in them.
If you want to push it maybe 2 min, but I prefer right around 1 min maybe 1.5.

When I ruined my host, I had to cut the diode out. But if the driver or diode goes you'll have to just press them both our and sacrifice the driver. It will be destroyed upon removal. The diode may be destroyed if the pins get damaged.

Last edited:

Also, how did you wire the 638?

Tmack

I wired the 638nm just like the other two. The x drive allows for one or two cells. Dtr assured me it was fine. It doesn't seem to have any I'll effects on heat, or output.

I wish I would have gotten a 2x battery host instead of this 1x...going to be a challenge getting stuff in there without bending it half to s@#$. Still a fantastic little host though...

I have two 300mw Mitsu red diodes I picked up a while back for cheap and was thinking of using one in one of my pen hosts here. I also have several unbuilt Mohgasm linear driver kits, the rectangular ones from a couple years ago. It's been a while since I've built a case positive red diode build and to be honest I don't think I've ever attempted it with a linear driver. I was trying to think this through, can it be done with this host, driver, and diode...anyone have any thoughts on this plan? I also have an extra V5 lava driver on hand, maybe a better choice?

I wish I would have gotten a 2x battery host instead of this 1x...going to be a challenge getting stuff in there without bending it half to s@#$. Still a fantastic little host though...

I have an extra chrome one I'll sell to you at-cost if you want one

Re: PRESALE ENDED: Copper Pen Host - The Cypreus Series 2x10440 - [All Sold]

Hey Sinner and Tmack just wanted to say thanks!:) Received my host a couple of days ago and it looks fantastic! Sorry I didnt get back to you earlier, but I just didnt have time...+1 's to both of you! :beer:

sinner

Sounds good, Build pics. :D

Haha will do the moment I get some time....I still have to post my MSV1 700 mW 405; I did that about 1 year ago...!:whistle: ;) :beer:

Last edited:

sinner

Yes that too. :p Well I hope you get more free time eventually. The forum has many of its important members away for some time now.