Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cool lightsaber build, should cut skin!!!

You people have misunderstood me, as far as where the beam stops, you DON'T have to worry about that, a phaser is like a laser, it goes until absorbed, reflected, ect... So yes, it is realistic as far as that goes. The power issue you commented on is obvious, but what I meant by that post was, star trek's phaser is easier to replicate with current technology than a star wars light saber. I was correct, as far as the point I was trying to make, simply misunderstood. So much for another LPF vet. insulting my intelligence and telling me how very very pathetic and wrong I am... :)

daguin

You people have misunderstood me, as far as where the beam stops, you DON'T have to worry about that, a phaser is like a laser, it goes until absorbed, reflected, ect... So yes, it is realistic as far as that goes. The power issue you commented on is obvious, but what I meant by that post was, star trek's phaser is easier to replicate with current technology than a star wars light saber. I was correct, as far as the point I was trying to make, simply misunderstood. So much for another LPF vet. insulting my intelligence and telling me how very very pathetic and wrong I am... :)

So your inability to express what you mean is a reflection on our forebearance and ability to understand?

You said you had seen a working phaser. This is not a working phaser. I asked for a link because I would LOVE to see a working phaser. I thought you had read a paper about a new development, NOT watched someone make a toy in a YouTube video.

If your skin is that thin, you should avoid the interwebz completely. Misunderestimating (points for the source ;) ) happens all the time .

Peace,
dave

I WAS going to say something here...But after pages and pages of this I lost interest....

Maybe my IQ is too low???

just wanting to make a laser that would 'cut skin' is asinine and immature IMO wanna cut? -get a knife--wanna burn? ..get some matches.--haks 2cents

Medically, cutting skin for surgery with a laser is actually a good move, since it cauterises as it cuts, lowering bleeding and reducing the risk of infection. I believe it also reduces scarring somewhat afterwards.

EDIT: This page is for animal surgery, but I believe the same applies to humans too: http://www.aesculight.com/state-of-art-laser-surgery.php

Last edited:
I don't think the wannabe Jedi has any legit surgery in mind... Oh I forgot mister "I'm smarter than all of you combined" got a doctorate for his 12th birthday.

Lew8

after nine pages of troll i can comment :)
i like han solo's idea but he is clearly a fake.
to the point of an actual working blu ray combiner which method will work best?
1. 4 blu-ray lasers, 4 combiner cubes and loads of loss through the cubes?
2. 4 blu-ray lasers, 2 beam expanders after each other inverted to make the beam closer?
3. 4 blu-ray lasers, 1 parabolic mirror, 2x mag inverted parabolic mirror (like a satelite dish) and a beam out the back?
4. 4 blu-ray lasers, 1 large lens of same power as collimating lens and 1 colimating lens placed after the focus point of the large end to simulate a single diode a the focus of the large lens.
5. any suggestions?

sorry to be so serious again after all the troll banter. :) hate trolls!