Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Confirmation of cancer causing properties for 445nm please

LSRFAQ

WickedLasers seems to think that it can cause cancer and has a mathematical explanation for it (SEE PARAGRAPH 8):

Blue Light Hazard

Once again, the media has it wrong. Actinic light does cause increased chances of cancer, you can google the recent studies on tanning beds for details of that. But unless your doing INTENSE daily frequent skin exposures with 445, the risk is low.

There is a BIG difference between blue light induced Macular Degeneration and Cancer.

Once again, the media, and the so called "expert" got it wrong. The media rarely bother to check the credentials of the people they quote.

Steve

For better of for worse, whenever a news article mentions cancer, it will always get read, hyped and taken out of context (and sell copies, and get ad revenue!) - the serious point behind my less-than-serious video. I wouldn't normally even venture into the comments section on most sites, but in this case I guess it shows how the great unwashed perceive our hobby.
I have an idea. Let's spread the rumor that lasers turn people into pedophiles.
/troll

I'm sure that at least one "trustworthy" news source would publish that bullshit as fact.

Last edited: