Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Colorblind

Grix

I always thought the gorons in Zelda games were green... My friends say they are a yellowish color but they might be messing with me.:undecided:

The gorons are definately yellow/brown/beigeish. Not even a hint of green in them (to me at least) :p

itsmei

I am quite badly colour blind. :( It was very funny though, when i was making my laser i made it with my dad. When i wired up the driver to the diode and connected it to the power source (this was without a lense), i saw nothing. My dad was saying it is working and i couldn't see the light at all. Even though it was 300mW of 650nm laser. I couldn't see it at all. It is weird. When i attached the lense on though i could see the laser. My 300mW is very bright to other people but for myself, it is not that bright. It really bugs me and it is annoying. I have a small green which is 5mW and it seems actually brighter than the 300mW red laser. I cannot see pictures like this either:

220px-Ishihara_9.png

Too me that picture is just a faint 21.
That is the reason why i LOVE green lasers, they seem a lot brighter than red.

For the question about if green of red is brighter, this depends on how colour blind someone is and what colours it is. I am coloured blind with reds and greens. Greens seem a lot brighter though. I am terrible with red lasers though. The 1-5mW red lasers, i cannot see from a distance.
Greens will probably always be brighter than reds even if someone is coloured blind as out eyes are 50x more sensitive to green lasers than red lasers in the dark.

Last edited:

GBD

Scored a 63.. I do have an HD monitor, so I guess its just me.

Last edited:

jib77

Scored 0 ... But I have a nice expanded gamut LCD that is properly calibrated. A must for digital photography.

I am quite badly colour blind. :( It was very funny though, when i was making my laser i made it with my dad. When i wired up the driver to the diode and connected it to the power source (this was without a lense), i saw nothing. My dad was saying it is working and i couldn't see the light at all. Even though it was 300mW of 650nm laser. I couldn't see it at all. It is weird. When i attached the lense on though i could see the laser. My 300mW is very bright to other people but for myself, it is not that bright. It really bugs me and it is annoying. I have a small green which is 5mW and it seems actually brighter than the 300mW red laser. I cannot see pictures like this either:

220px-Ishihara_9.png

Too me that picture is just a faint 21.
That is the reason why i LOVE green lasers, they seem a lot brighter than red.

For the question about if green of red is brighter, this depends on how colour blind someone is and what colours it is. I am coloured blind with reds and greens. Greens seem a lot brighter though. I am terrible with red lasers though. The 1-5mW red lasers, i cannot see from a distance.
Greens will probably always be brighter than reds even if someone is coloured blind as out eyes are 50x more sensitive to green lasers than red lasers in the dark.
\

its actually a 74 in that pic.

\

its actually a 74 in that pic.

I see the faint 21 too. I looked at it through my phones camera and it is clearly a twenty one that I see. (It picks up colors slightly differently.) I guess you just have to be colorblind to see it.