Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Color Acuity Test

Spoz

I scored 34. But I am colourblind according to the ishihara tests, which is why I don't get into arguments about colours.

Can you believe I worked in a hardware store mixing paint and giving out colour scheme advice for 2 years? Only a few customers noticed... and only one yelled at me for working as a paint mixer when I'm colorblind.

I just looked up the "ishihara tests" mentioned above, and yup, I definetly have a hard time seeing some, and can't see one particular one at all.

Cheech

This was kinda hard
0 ( Perfect Color Acuity )
99 ( Low Color Acuity )

I can't read some of the blue text on this forum though, It just screws my eyes bad from 2 feet away(1440x900 pixels)
The bad part is I could read the blue text on this forum before I built my first 405nm laser

Last edited:
The blue on dark gray messes with me as well, though it really depends on the angle i'm looking at the monitors as well. When I slouch down in the chair, I can see it better since the contrast ratio of these LCD's improves at that viewing angle.

i flew through the ishihara test :p takes less than 1 second to recognize all of them so im pretty sure i'm not color blind AT ALL :D

I got 14 rushing through first go. Might have another go later.

@TTerbo - The lower, the better.

oic0

A lot of people here are probably using TN panel LCDs. Twisted Nematic is only capable of 6 bit color representation, they dither to produce the rest of the color range. More expensive panels are usually 8 bit. When I get home I'll do this on my TV / Monitor for my gaming rig, its 10 bit :D
People on crusty ol CRTs are going to have the real advantage here though.

I got a 12. Not bad for an uncalibrated cheap Dell LCD.

With calibration I'm guessing I'd get a 6.

I was using my laptop when I took it, and it has a 10 bit display. Also color calibration shouldn't affect the test much. all that will do is shift the colors up or down a bit. At most it would just shift the areas where the test says you have problems up or down the spectrum a bit, but it shouldn't change your overall score.

stop blaming your screens lol. the colours should still be different hues relative to each other, unless your monitor cant even produce any difference if 2 hues are too close.

i got to say not as good as i would have hoped.
Your score: 35
but then again i am doing it on my lcd tv maybe time to break out a tube and try it there, my tv is a bit darker than any other monitors i have had.
any one else tried doing this test on any screen 42in+? i am noticing that when i hooked it up to another big screen tv the colors are even more off the bigger screen i go. my 70in was horrid...

Last edited:
bezimena.jpg

I knew I was the chosen one.

Wow I guess I am red-green color blind. I see a 2 in the image below. People with regular vision should see a 5.
Color5-2.jpg

oic0

i got to say not as good as i would have hoped.
Your score: 35
but then again i am doing it on my lcd tv maybe time to break out a tube and try it there, my tv is a bit darker than any other monitors i have had.
any one else tried doing this test on any screen 42in+? i am noticing that when i hooked it up to another big screen tv the colors are even more off the bigger screen i go. my 70in was horrid...

I'ma try it on my 42 10 bit when I get home. It varies greatly screen to screen though. I had mine calibrated at one point but now its set to have a bit more pop (power went out for a few hours, didnt feel like calibrating again lol).
Compared to my 19" and 22" monitors though, my TV usually has the best color representation and contrast.
Go look at the wall of TVs in bestbuy some time though, huge differences between them all. Most correctable within the menus, but who does that other than AV geeks?