Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Collection of Laser Die/Emitter Photos

Oh those photo's are very nice, very good detail. I can't complain about the price, just trying to find the most MP at the highest magnification. I couldn't buy from the link you provided, it keeps saying "Does not ship to USA". He probably doesn't ship to Alaska, but ebay translated it to USA for some reason. I tried to proxy my IP to see if that made a difference, nope. I ended up buying from another seller for a little bit more and free shipping. Let's see if he baulks at needing to fill out a customs form next.

2MP 1000X 8-LED USB Digital Microscope Endoscope Zoom Camera Magnifier + Stand | eBay

I checked my purchase history and this is what I ordered, it said 2.0MP and 1000X manual but did not mention the 5 levels of digital zoom, the seller is at 97.3 % so I just wasn't paying attention, if you can get a 5 MP I bet the image would be even better.

I won't complain this time, heck I still haven't really poured over every word in the ad, I just bought a 1000X and figured what ever it is it will be ok, also I usually don't pay shipping like that, I just wasn't paying attention.

2MP 1000X 8-LED USB 2.0 Digital Microscope Endoscope Zoom Camera Magnifier+Stand | eBay

@Redcowboy:
That's some good info! I guess i'll buy the NUBM44 again then..
BTW I can see the picture on your post #41 without problem.

@Alaskan:
As for the USB digital microscope, i believe that the original 5MP comes from the brand "Celestron" which only 200X magnification, there are other brand as well, but those 15-20 dollars scope are just a Chinese counterfeit I guess..

here is the real deal:
Celestron 5 MP Handheld Digital Microscope Pro | eBay
usb digital microscope with 5mp image sensor, 300x magnification, 8 led | eBay
USB 5MP 300X Digital Video Microscope Set Magnifier Camera Stand Windows 7/ Mac | eBay

I like that Celestron, nice. I will play with the cheap one first and then decide whether to get the good one.

Interesting info, yes Alaskan, I think you will enjoy the cheap one.

Astralist: can you see the pic now ? If not then how about the attached thumbnail ?

57723d1506797312-collection-laser-die-emitter-photos-1kxnubm06acopy.jpg

Attachments

• 1kxnubm06acopy.JPG
    1kxnubm06acopy.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I wonder why the Chinese are now calling these endoscopes? They are video microscopes......too large to feed into many places with far too short a cable to go far. I might have to try out one of these cheap 1000X power scopes, as it is higher than my 500X scope.

BobMc

These pictures are so cool, I might have to break down and buy one. Just thinking of what all I can use it for? :thinking: Would be so interesting.

Well sheesh. Here I am looking at expensive macro lenses for my DSLR and you guys are using cheap usb microscopes. I gotta get myself one of those.

I've never seen anything like that camera being used anywhere, very unusual. I'm looking forward to getting one of those cheap USB cameras to see what a tiny single mode NIR laser diode emitter looks like.

Honestly I would buy that lens just for how weird it looks. Im sure I would get a lot of funny looks.

Addition:

Im looking at these microscopes on ebay, and Im noticing that all the 2 MP ones say 1000X zoom, while the 5 MP ones all say 500X. Im willing to bet these microscopes are all identical on the inside, and the "2 MP" ones are just cropping in the image sensor to increase the zoom. Especially since its double the zoom factor for roughly half the resolution.

Last edited:
The resolution should be independent of the zoom, my 800x microscope could only capture 1600x1200 picture
If those microscope are identical inside, then at 20x (lowest) magnification, it will produce the same sharpness. I totally got your idea of cropping though, but i'm sure they really is having a real different sensor.

You can see at first post, the image looks quite horrible IMO, I'm sure with 5MP sensor, it would have been clearer.
But we could only guessing around at this point, someone really needs to buy those and giving us some review :D

Try looking at that color shifting 20 in the bottom right corner of a 20 dollar bill, on the front side, it looks like gold nuggets, I would post it but I don't know if posting pics of currency is legal or not.

This is a nubm06 @ 2 amps, you can see how the exit point overdrives the microscope camera as well as the rear mirror leakage.

The interesting part is that the exit is a small point on the front of the die.

57630d1506269606-collection-laser-die-emitter-photos-nubm06raw1.jpg

57632d1506270661-collection-laser-die-emitter-photos-nubm06raw4.jpg

Looks like a little black hole forming there. I think I see the gamma ray jet coming out of it.

Last edited: