Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI Portable Green 500mW + Multimedia

Well Maybe I can negotiate pricing. See if they have a scratched unit or something. I only work at starbucks, AND part time so it kind of sucks (i'm 17).

I will see however. I may just place an order, and could always get LG or Opto for christmas. Time will tell. However I am seriously considering Viasho or CNI though. THank you for the help however

Don't forget that both LG and Optotronics have "trade-in" programs, from what I've seen it's rare to find one of their traded lasers "in stock" however you should be able to get on a list... It's still a wait (just like a GB is) but you may actually be able to get your hands on a confirmed quality product for a pretty damn nice price - give Justin and/or Jack a call!

ohada

Oh..WOW...CHUCK this is an EXCELLENT review, man.

+1+2+3+4+5 +10 if I could, great videos, especially the 23 balloons in a row... I reached 1:04 and thought "Hey is he gonna pop the 23 balloons in less than 50 seconds?" And when you turned that beast on and I saw you popped like 15 of them in less than 3 seconds my eyeballs fell out of their eye sockets.

Please keep doing these amazing reviews :)

Hey, thanks for the feedback, it was actually 16 balloons in 3 seconds. :D

I'm happy to contribute to this forum that I like so much. I plan to do more reviews of new and old lasers.

Viasho makes the RPL, but do you think they're going to slap the Optotronics sticker on a 400 that puts out 350 or maybe heats up really fast? Nope - that honor goes to the 400 that tests at 475 and stays cool under pressure.

In all fairness, viasho and CNI make really really really nice units. I've ordered directly from them many times for myself and others and have never had a problem, 99% of the units make well over their stated power.

I know that opto and other distributors take advantage of the fact that they are usually over powered. If a 300mW model from viasho tests at 440mW (and they do, quite often), it can be sold as a 425mW RPL. I'm not bashing this practice, because ultimately the distributor is responsible for backing up the power rating they give it (and they do a very good job at it) but I think it is only fair to let people know that if they decide to buy straight from the manufacturer, they will almost always get an overpowered unit.

Everyone tends to try to say that the quality of these units are all due to the efforts of the distributors. Again, they DO do a very good job of making sure that their units live up to the stated power level and do strict testing, but ultimately the credit for the build quality goes to the manufacturer. You can expect the same quality from the major manufacturers (CNI, Viasho) as you would expect from Optotronics or laserglow.

I'm just trying to give some credit where credit is due :beer::beer::beer:

I know where You are coming from Gooey, Even IF you get a dud, there is still a Warranty from the manufacturer

gooey..are you sure?... generally distirbutors.. have better beam specs... WHY?? maybe they ONLY GET... the better unit of laser...with the best divergence?

gooey..are you sure?... generally distirbutors.. have better beam specs... WHY?? maybe they ONLY GET... the better unit of laser...with the best divergence?

Riddle me this... Why would a major manufacturer only give the good products to their distributors, and make their own products look worse when they sell them directly?

If you buy a brand new car, will the car itself be any better or worse depending on which dealership you buy it from? Would ford sell you a hunk of junk directly and save all the 'good' ones for someone else, in turn making themselves look bad? Hardly....

Last edited:
Glenn said they actually cherrypick the units for him. Have you seen someone complain? EVERY one was overspec.

beam divergence is a good question though

compitition is always good keeps the price in check ,i dont know if its just me or just jack's basic practice but i always feel he did me right and will continue to buy me a 1000ish dollar laser every year until i cannot any more -from him

John Laser Lawson

Glenn said they actually cherrypick the units for him. Have you seen someone complain? EVERY one was overspec.

beam divergence is a good question though
Yep Glenn told me about the "Cherry picking" process also...
my unit (PGL 300) was peaking at 573mW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but promptley died the next day... now i have to wait for a replacement.... but just think a 300mW rated reaching 573mW!!!!!! ever herd of ANY laser from laser glow or dragon lasers doing that??? they probably order 300mW pgl's and take advantage the power and sell them as 350mW or 400mW...
AS GOOEYGUS said.........................

Last edited:
those have a slightly shorter duty cylce i think be sure to follow recommendations
of the manufactuer

my RPL 375 peaks at 545 when its totally cold with a fresh battery

Any link to this lazer?
I bought this years ago and someone stole it.
Want to get another green lazer.