Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI GLP (HOLY HELL update)

This is my review of the CNI GPL green laser. It was said to be a 50mW unit but is putting out ~100mW. It CAN light matches in about 2sec and pop balloons on contact! The beam is sweet and full. It came in a white box with NO batteries, and the tipical green sticker lens cover.
The laser has super low divergance as at about 35feet the dot is dime sized.
I got this laser for free as an "im sorry" from CNI for sending me 4 defective PGL III's in a row. and i will add to this review as time passes on. Pics will also be added soon. :)
Both pics with 2 dots are GLP being compared with a 75mW LEDshoppe laser GLP is MUCH brighter

I dont know how its possile but the laser has got more powerfull sience yesterday! It is lighting matches at 2.5 feet!!!!!!!! How many mW would you think this to be? Im guessing about 110-130mW's im gunna need to get this tested :)

Attachments

• GLP Beam.jpg
    GLP Beam.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 356
  • GLP vs LED.jpg
    GLP vs LED.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 339
  • GLP.jpg
    GLP.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 231
  • glp3.jpg
    glp3.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 365
  • GLP beam 1.jpg
    GLP beam 1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 251
  • GLP beam 2.jpg
    GLP beam 2.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 247
  • Time tnl.jpg
    Time tnl.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:

Re: Cni gpl

That was nice of them
Did you ever get the other PGL problem fixed?

That was nice of them
Did you ever get the other PGL problem fixed?

Nope and after the 5th PGL im thinkin im getting a refund, then going for a RPL 225 in Glenns optotronics
GB! :) well at least i got a FREE* GLP. oh dam i had to pay the shipping to china twice :/ and so did Glenn... hmm

Last edited:

Moptsp

Nice! I hope I get mine soon in the GB going on. Been waiting 51 days now... :(

-Moptsp

Nice! I hope I get mine soon in the GB going on. Been waiting 51 days now... :(

-Moptsp

LOL 51 days??? Ive been waiting for 5months for my god dam PGL III 300... they still are not giveing me a working one tho :( It will be worth the wait pal these have stunning beam specs and mine is poping off matches and balloons... i think im getting a refund on the PGL now...
DLMB

Last edited:
Re: CNI GPL (HOLY HELL update)

are they gonna make you send that PGL back again? Seems like a lot of shipping to pay for.

^ thats what i'm thinking :undecided:

ZRTMWA

Where are the GPL's on CNI's website, I can't find them.

ZRTMWA

Yeah, I've seen that page but those lasers only go up to 5mW. They don't advertise their higher powered GPL's?

Yeah, I've seen that page but those lasers only go up to 5mW. They don't advertise their higher powered GPL's?

It's GLP. Not GPL.
But no, they do not have a spec sheet for the higher power pens. Check Nova's or Dragonlasers' site for specs on these.

are they gonna make you send that PGL back again? Seems like a lot of shipping to pay for.

yea im sending #5 back, but i made CNI pay the $90 to send it back...Im getting a refund, and im now in on Glenns Opto GB for a silver RPL 225!!!

ZRTMWA

It's GLP. Not GPL.
But no, they do not have a spec sheet for the higher power pens. Check Nova's or Dragonlasers' site for specs on these.

Oh sorry, I was just going off of the thread title. Thanks.

Dont use wood tape on the cni, the paint will peel away.... good pics :D

yea im sending #5 back...
Hey, sorry to hear it, particularly since I'm interested in one myself... Did you get yours as part of one of Glenn's GBs or did you get it directly from CNI? I assume you didn't review it (at least the search engine didn't turn up anything on it... :undecided:).