Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CNI GB 6th round!

Yes it has a TEC. Are you saying that the TEC doesn't make the the aluminum block containing the laser diode and crsytal set cold? or are you just saying that it transfers the heat and that the heat still needs to find someplace to escape? usually that place is the air or a baseplate (most have built in fans). In either case I have ran CNI modules for hours without any noticeable heat build up to the shell of the module. The power supply is another story. I can guarantee you a good TEC does magically make cold. I have felt it with my own finger tips. Maybe magically isn't the right word but it sure seemed like it to me the first time I saw one.

Yes it has a TEC. Are you saying that the TEC doesn't make the aluminum block containing the laser diode and crystal set cold? Or are you just saying that it transfers the heat and that the heat still needs to find someplace to escape? Usually that place is the air or a base plate (most have built in fans). In either case I have ran CNI modules for hours without any noticeable heat build up to the shell of the module. The power supply is another story. I can guarantee you a good TEC does magically make cold. I have felt it with my own finger tips. Maybe magically isn't the right word but it sure seemed like it to me the first time I saw one.

No no, you are right on that the TEC does make the diode and crystal housings cold but the heat generated from this still needs to go somewhere..... As your right again most have built in fans but I do not know if this one does and even if it did I am sure it's not some super fan, and the laser assembly would be happier with a base plate for increased heat dissipation. I was not doubting you as I said the housing would get warmer then it would be necessary than if it was in fact mounted on a base plate. You are right though a good TEC does make cold but at the expense of heat on the other side.

"A typical application exposes the cold side of the TEC to the object or substance to be cooled and the hot side to a heat sink which dissipates the heat to the environment. A heat exchanger with forced air or liquid may be required. (As clever as TECs are, they can't eat heat - only move it!) "

Taken from The Melcor Thermoelectric FAQ

Moptsp

Hey friends, It seems the orders are a little backed up, even the replacements for rounds #4 & 5, (some TEM mode returns), are only shipping this Friday, so it's not going as smooth and fast as I had hoped. I'll keep you informed. Thanks! -Glenn

Hmm that's pretty backed up. Maybe if we are real lucky they can get this order out on Friday too.

How long does it take you to get the lasers after shipped from china?

Thanks,
Moptsp

You know you're desperate for your laser when you begin making paper copies to see how big it's going to be : ) now I just need to photo shop some laser beams coming out and I am in business : )
Odd thing though is its smaller then I expected......

and if anybody has the dimensions on the scanpro 40's that would be great as I need them : )

laser2.jpg

By f22warzone at 2009-10-21
laser1.jpg

What you can't tell...... Its AutoCAD LT 2007 one of the worst programs you can use for 3d works : ) but it still gets the job done. Don't get me wrong though AutoCAD is hands down the best 2d software but their kind of lacking in the 3d area.

Man i cant wait 1.2Wats of green ........

Warzone --

I don't need a 1 W labbie --- I have a 2 Watt ArIon in freight which will heat my swimming pool next summer. Freight -- 240 POUNDS.
Still wanting my BLUE buddy !!!

HMike

Warzone --

I don't need a 1 W labbie --- I have a 2 Watt ArIon in freight which will heat my swimming pool next summer. Freight -- 240 POUNDS.
Still wanting my BLUE buddy !!!

HMike

wow a 2Watt ArIon.... does that take 3 phase?
Bet that blue is going to be awesome : )

Moptsp

What you can't tell...... Its AutoCAD LT 2007 one of the worst programs you can use for 3d works : ) but it still gets the job done. Don't get me wrong though AutoCAD is hands down the best 2d software but their kind of lacking in the 3d area.

Man i cant wait 1.2Wats of green ........

I knew it was some CAD lol. Have you tired out MicroStation/PowerDraft?
I believe it's a bit different, but I have seen amazing things in 3d with it.

I can't wait for my laser either.... I know it's nothing compared to yours, but it's my first high powered laser.

Please CNI, put some fire under ur, mmmm... lol

Excited. :)
-Moptsp

Warzone --

I'm told that it is 240 VAC single phase but we have 3 phase at the welding shop where it will be delivered tomorrow. I have no idea what it looks like. The power supply will get a dolly for easy moving -- I'll weld that myself. If 3 phase, I don't have that at home :-( But at ONLY 7 KW draw, that's about like a dryer -- should be 1 phase.
All cables are supposed to be included - I HOPE SO.
The BLUE buddy is my 5 mW CNI from Glenn.
HMike

Last edited:
I knew it was some CAD lol. Have you tired out MicroStation/PowerDraft?
I believe it's a bit different, but I have seen amazing things in 3d with it.

I can't wait for my laser either.... I know it's nothing compared to yours, but it's my first high powered laser.

Please CNI, put some fire under ur, mmmm... lol

Excited. :)
-Moptsp

Yep we have MicroStation at work for DOT work and its all right way better 3d performer then CAD but the best I have worked on for 3D modeling has got to be solid works its simply awesome and so easy.

95mw is a good start you should just skip to a RPL 450 because you will be their soon enough : ) at first I thought a modified 5mw lead light to 15mw was cool, then a DX 200 mw pen probably about 150mw then a alpha 125, next a RPL 425 and now an upgraded rpl 450 with 30x beam expander…… as you can see be prepared for a long expensive hobby : )

Warzone --

I'm told that it is 240 VAC single phase but we have 3 phase at the welding shop where it will be delivered tomorrow. I have no idea what it looks like. The power supply will get a dolly for easy moving -- I'll weld that myself. If 3 phase, I don't have that at home :-( But at ONLY 7 KW draw, that's about like a dryer -- should be 1 phase.
All cables are supposed to be included - I HOPE SO.
The BLUE buddy is my 5 mW CNI from Glenn.
HMike

Nice hopefully its just a common dryer outlet …… bet that sucker is going to be hot : ) …… just wondering how much did you pay for such a thing.
ya I figured you were talking about your 15mw blue pointer from glenn : )

5 mw , ...15 mW, I'll do the best I can for you Mike, I wish they were all over 15 mW, last time 1/2 were. 6 on this order (2X in a row), so that makes for a good selection. I told them I'd take quality over speed! -Glenn

Last edited:
You know you're desperate for your laser when you begin making paper copies to see how big it's going to be : ) now I just need to photo shop some laser beams coming out and I am in business : )
Odd thing though is its smaller then I expected......

and if anybody has the dimensions on the scanpro 40's that would be great as I need them : )

laser2.jpg

laser1.jpg

LOLOLOLOL DUDE, I do the same thing! Not just with lasers, but other devices too!

I'm too impatient :(

Glenn --

You're doing good as usual :) I have too much stuff to occupy my time.

Now send us some global warming here and stop the rain............

HMike

Man that blue "Aquarius" is on my wish list. One of these days I want to get one from you and see what effect it has in a White Fusion.

I know, I know White Fusion all I think about.

Ryan

mfo

5 mw , ...15 mW, I'll do the best I can for you Mike, I wish they were all over 15 mW, last time 1/2 were. 6 on this order (2X in a row), so that makes for a good selection. I told them I'd take quality over speed! -Glenn

That'll definitely be worth the wait! :D