Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Closed

JLSE

Re: Closed - FDA is checking on me!

BrewCityMusic said:
Hey Guys - This is Candy, BCM's fiancee ... Look, I don't know what you guys did to him but he just went out into the darkness, dug a hole in the neighbors yard and threw all our lasers into it before coming in and immediately heading for the basement.

I went down to try and talk to him, maybe convince him to take a Zanax or ??? but he's huddled at his desk, batting the solitary lightbulb on a chain around, casting weird shadows and mumbling something about writing an anonymous apology letter to the FDA.

Thanks a LOT, guys  ;)

Make him a tinfoil hat, he will be fine ;)

well i have alot of work to do. Other than screwing up my site for the day, it's not going to slow my progress as to all my other plans of have a green build, along with any other projects i had in mind. It will just take a little more work from the customers to assemble a finished product.
So on the list for tonight is to read the fda regulations on laser system....as boring as it is!

and of course, to completely redesign the listing of products and the descrip[tions of exactly what i'm selling......

I'll also have to post some tutorials on making certain builds.......ect.....

none of the current orders will be delayed by this....yobresal, your package is ready to ship in the morning......i actually made it to the post office 5 min ebfore closing, and when i peeled the adhesive label it rolled together and then ripped when i tried to seperate it....so i have to reprint the label and ship in the morning lol.

WRM

I find this all hard to believe. I'm not convinced that the FDA is watching you. It's all too coincidental that the same FDA rep's name is tossed out again (unless of course the instigator who spoofed his name last time caused him to really take a look at LPF). If so, he's watching the original scammer also (funny how these little tricks can sometimes backfire right on you).

On a positive note, If the FDA is watching LPF, they are seeing some incredible innovation in the laser hobby industry, mixed in with a lot of people taking a positive stance on laser safety and responsibility. Bill

Bizill

good on you mohrenberg. i thought you would, like most others including myself, tuck tail and run away. it's good to see you are going back to the drawing board and not throwing in the towel altogether.

website is back up and running.
i made a few changes to it.....

lol and no i'm not going to tuck tail and run, it's either keep selling lasers or file for unemployment since i was laid off

i'm only doing it to help stimulate the economy and to avoid wasting valuable tax dollars  ;D ::)

Day said:
Who knows, mabye he really wanted some  ::) ::) ::) Why do they hit the cheap makers, but leave the big boys alone? Stupid Feds :mad: :mad:

Could it be possible that he wanted to investigate the products before he "busts" Mohrenberg?

Kenom said:
oh I'VE NO DOUBT THAT IT'S LEGIT.  just like any law enforcer, they have to "bust" you before they can prosecute.

It would make sense that we've seen this before with a different seller. This forum must draw a LOT of attention (at least in the laser community) as it is the source for a lot of advertising, sales, and a member here was mentioned in a news article before (Murudai?). Mr. NCDRH could be checking up on this forum every once in a while.

He doesn't have to pretend to be an undercover agent to investigate.

jake21

[highlight]website is back up and running.
i made a few changes to it.....

lol and no i'm not going to tuck tail and run, it's either keep selling lasers or file for unemployment since i was laid off

i'm only doing it to help stimulate the economy and to avoid wasting valuable tax dollars [/highlight]

thats good news :cool:

WRM

If the IP address was not spoofed (and it could be), here is the full IP identification which would confirm it's origin:

Record Type: IP Address

OrgName: Parklawn Computer Center / DIMES HQ
OrgID: PCCDH
Address: 5600 Fishers Lane
City: Rockville
StateProv: MD
PostalCode: 20744

NetRange: 150.148.0.0 - 150.148.255.255
CIDR: 150.148.0.0/16
NetName: DIMES
NetHandle: NET-150-148-0-0-1
Parent: NET-150-0-0-0-0