Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLOSED: ROUND 4!: THE "Skylaser" (laserBtB) groupbuy!

Re: CLOSED: Taking payments ROUND 4!: THE "Skylaser" (laserBtB) groupbuy!

Easy solution to sticker goo and paper. Go to walmart, buy a bottle of googone. Put a dab on a rag and rub over the affected area. The goo will come right off along with the paper. Done it numerous times, trust me I have goo/paper residue. Pisses me off just like you haha.

You might need to do a few times depending on how sticky or much paper there is. Another trick, for gamestop stickers or things that can get wet is run the paper area under water and rub with your finger. It will remove the paper easy and then use googone to remove the sticky. Just a few tricks I have picked up over the years :D

Yeah, I figured there was a product, or even just alcohol, that could remove the stuff. I just feel it's a little excessive to go through the trouble of making Kevin ship me a sticker. :crackup:

Hey man! If your cells read 4.2V when full they are ok! On the beam shot ir looks pretty bright but you never know. Let me know the lpm outcome and if bad the new cap canbe sent with the new laser!

Greetings :beer:

This laser is IR filtered. :)

If he is sending you a effects cap then what's the trouble to add a sticker?

If he is sending you a effects cap then what's the trouble to add a sticker?

Eh, I suppose that's a good point. To ORF, give it about 3 - 4 weeks, and I'll have all of my lasers LPM'd, and can tell you if I need a replacement, or just a new sticker and effects cap. :beer: :thanks:

----

I wonder if I get an 'annoyance medal' for "Most posts in a GB thread". ;)

I noticed this thread is near 450 posts, of which I've got to be 100 of.

Eh, I suppose that's a good point. To ORF, give it about 3 - 4 weeks, and I'll have all of my lasers LPM'd, and can tell you if I need a replacement, or just a new sticker and effects cap. :beer: :thanks:

----

I wonder if I get an 'annoyance medal' for "Most posts in a GB thread". ;)

I noticed this thread is near 450 posts, of which I've got to be 100 of.

Sure take your time! Also "ir" should be "it" in my last post :p i am typing on my cellphone :)

And i believe in one of my GB's the thread was over 40 pages :)

Greetings,

Robin

Sure take your time! Also "ir" should be "it" in my last post :p i am typing on my cellphone :)

And i believe in one of my GB's the thread was over 40 pages :)

Greetings,

Robin

Oh, lmfao. I just realized the problem. I was wondering why you thought that was a good beam shot.

You're looking at the image wrong. The beam, is NOT visible in that image what-so-ever. The reason it looks like there are 3 beams, is that's the green light, reflecting in to the cracks of the wall. I circled where the beam actually was.

0122142033_zpsc572d9c4.jpg

Sorry for the mix up. :beer:

All tracking number distributed! Also does anyone received a flashlight gift yet? I curious to see it!

Greetings,,

AWWW YEA! Got dat tracking number. It is about 3 hours away-as of yesterday!! I imagine I will get it today, which is great since school got snowed out :eg:

AWWW YEA! Got dat tracking number. It is about 3 hours away-as of yesterday!! I imagine I will get it today, which is great since school got snowed out :eg:

Fair warning Crazy, be careful with the 300mW greenies. I get light headed after every indoor use (then it wears off, and I do it again. :crackup:). Outdoors it's incredible, but I wouldn't recommended indoor use unless you're burning something, in which case you'd have glasses on anyways. It's not really the beam that's really bright indoors, it's the dot. The dot is INSANE. I can't look at the dot indoors for more than a few seconds before it starts to be too much.

Just warning you, as it was something I wasn't expecting. :beer:

^^^^^you are obviously not wearing safety glasses then and if you are they are cheap. Light headed is due to the strain on your eyes and damage to them. From the looks of your sig you biught the uvex glasses tthat are not laser glasses. Recently there have been many reports of them not working anymore or only working for 445nm. That's the risk you take when you buy cheap and noncertified glasses. Dont use them anymore and get eagle pair, thor lab or laserglow glasses.

This shouldn't happen with good glasses. Even though they may appear to block the light, they are not.

Last edited:

Not really much to it

Just the lens glued in and the shutter on the bottom of the front piece

Is it an electrical switch for ON-OFF? I thought it should be a mechanical shutter to close an aperture :yabbem:

It is, turn the shutter to close/open. Electrical switch, no idea. The WHOLE body is glued together tighter than Fort Knox! The photos are of a old laser that I bought dead in hopes of rebuilding. That was almost a year ago and all I've managed to take off is the shutter/focus knob. Even that was glued on pretty wall. You wont be able to take theses apart even if you wanted to. It takes some heat and a ton of force to tear these open

Got 'em yesterday (been playing with them :na: and not posting ;) ). NICE GREEN! LOVE this (515-520) color! Thanks for the tripod and diffraction caps. Most of all, kudos to Offroad and Kevin for another great GB! :beer:

T.

^^^^^you are obviously not wearing safety glasses then and if you are they are cheap. Light headed is due to the strain on your eyes and damage to them. From the looks of your sig you biught the uvex glasses tthat are not laser glasses. Recently there have been many reports of them not working anymore or only working for 445nm. That's the risk you take when you buy cheap and noncertified glasses. Dont use them anymore and get eagle pair, thor lab or laserglow glasses.

This shouldn't happen with good glasses. Even though they may appear to block the light, they are not.

Yeah, I'm not wearing the glasses unless I'm burning. When I am wearing them, I can get as close to whatever I'm burning as I'd like without feeling any strain. It's just the dot on a white wall is too much, if I'm not wearing the glasses. So from now on I'm going to always be wearing glasses when I'm using it indoors, regardless of if I'm burning or not. It's too much strain on my eyes. When I get my Ebay Pointers I'll use THOSE indoors without glasses. This one is just proving too much. My eyes fully recover from the strain after about an hour or so, after looking at the dot on a white wall for about 10 minutes. But I still am not fond of the light headed feeling. So, as stated above, glasses indoors for this laser, even if it's being shone across the room. :beer: