Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLOSED! Now Distributing ROUND 2!: THE "Skylaser" (laserBtB) groupbuy!

Re: CLOSED! Taking payments. ROUND 2!: THE "Skylaser" (laserBtB) groupbuy!

Mine should be here in the morning depending on the weather but it now in ROMULUS,MI

Fredcy

Hi everyone!

Just to let you know that my HL405-500 has arrived!!! DHL attempted to deliver yesterday but apparently DHL (HK) got my address wrong (machine printed slip on the envelope) and luckily there is no such unit address! The shipper's invoice (attached to the DHL envelope) has got my address right though.

The shipping invoice described the laser as a $20 mini flashlight. The invoice appears to have originated in Shenzhen, China and is dated 01-22-2013.

The DHL envelope showed that the laser was shipped from a Hong Kong address to me on the 01-25-2012. I received it today 01-28-2013. Could have been yesterday though!

So it appears (in my case anyway) that the laser was sent to HK from Shenzhen and then shipped from HK by DHL.

The laser works fine but I really cannot "review" the item as I do not have a LPM nor the level of knowledge/expertise to do so. Sorry!:p

Fred (South East Asia)

Blord

Well I have to pay an additional €59.66 for tax and duties. Until the fulfilment of the payment the shipment is put on hold by DHL. :yabbmad:

Coby

Well I have to pay an additional €59.66 for tax and duties. Until the fulfilment of the payment the shipment is put on hold by DHL. :yabbmad:

How come? Did they inspect your package? Wasn't it listed as a flashlight gift?

Edit: DHL should be delivering today :D Too bad no one is home today :p

Last edited:

What??? That is crazy! Mailing kevin now! That is not acceptable.. I want to know why he chose dhl with some orders in the first place

Last edited:

Blord

Like I said earlier, shipments by DHL got always taxed. It is like they are working for the Belgian custom. Even if they can't find an invoice they tax anything between 40-60 euro.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/c...r-laserbtb-groupbuy-79091-29.html#post1147548

That is why I prefer UPS, USPS, FedEx etc more. It is no fun receiving packages from DHL. :(

It is actually cheaper for me to refuse the shipment and reship it with another expediter and pay additional shipment costs. But then I have to wait couple of weeks more. Not really an option. :D

Coby

Like I said earlier, shipments by DHL got always taxed. It is like they are working for the Belgian custom. Even if they can't find an invoice they tax anything between 40-60 euro.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/c...r-laserbtb-groupbuy-79091-29.html#post1147548

That is why I prefer UPS, USPS, FedEx etc more. It is no fun receiving packages from DHL. :(

It is actually cheaper for me to refuse the shipment and reship it with another expediter and pay additional shipment costs. But then I have to wait couple of weeks more. Not really an option. :D

Damn I knew I should've kept following this thread instead of going idle for so long :eek: ... I hope it won't be too much taxes for me :\

Do you know if I can refuse to pay the taxes if the shipment came with an invoice that said "gift"? I find 40-60 USD wayyyy too much for something that has an invoice of 5 USD :p

Well you are right! I wonder what was the intention with dhl anyway. Allready mailed kevin about it. Things like this make a GB useless.

Pman

EEK! Frankly that stinks B.
I may be receiving my package today but noone will likely be home so I'm putting a note on the door.
I didn't have to pay anything with my 2 Blord units so I sure hope they don't ransom mine as well.
Wonder if this is a Belgium issue? Anyone in the states ever get a DHL package held for payment when they didn't expect it to be?
If my calculations are correct, that's about $80 US for B

Last edited:

Ouch... I've never been taxed by a dhl shipment. If I was i'd sent it a different route, I don't have $60 to go giving out for something with my name already on it (quite literally)

In other news, how's the 520?

Ouch... I've never been taxed by a dhl shipment. If I was i'd sent it a different route, I don't have $60 to go giving out for something with my name already on it (quite literally)

In other news, how's the 520?

I believe blord did not accepted it yet. I sure hope this is a belgium only risk.

Last edited:

Blord

I have already paid the "ransom" money. It will be delivered tomorrow.

I could get the package today at their distribution centre.
It is an upside down world to get the package myself instead of delivered by DHL.

Coby

I just got an SMS from DHL that no one was home for my delivery. So I've had a call with them to define a new date for delivery but they didn't say anything about taxes :eek:

Mine is on the fedex truck for delivery, so it looks like I'm not going anywhere today till it comes should be here soon thou.

Is the tax in question the european VAT, or something else?

T.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16589

LUCKY Mine has not even shipped yet :(