Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLOSED - COLLECTING $ Dorcy Jnr GB - $15.00 Shipped- 07/12/09

With your setup, how does everything get hooked up. The spacer has the driver in it, the heatsink with diode is on top of that and the driver is connected directly to the diode pins? or down lower with wire going to the pins. Thanks

daguin

With your setup, how does everything get hooked up. The spacer has the driver in it, the heatsink with diode is on top of that and the driver is connected directly to the diode pins? or down lower with wire going to the pins. Thanks

With this, I would solder the driver and the contact spring directly to the driver (front and rear respectively). You should pull the stock driver board out of the body, but retain the black spring guide to re-install.

Peace,
dave

Asherz

This is so epic! Finally it's all coming together :D I would also like to buy a heatsink.

Just so I'm clear, the diode get's pressed into the heatsink, the driver get's soldered to the diode and then a spring get's a attatched to the back of the rckstr driver, is that correct?

I also just relised I'll need a flexdrive with this since the host only takes 3.7V, guess I'll leave my jayrob 4701 flashlight kit rip out the PHR and pop in an over powered loc, and get a GGW to go in the dorcy :)

daguin

This is so epic! Finally it's all coming together :D I would also like to buy a heatsink.

Just so I'm clear, the diode get's pressed into the heatsink, the driver get's soldered to the diode and then a spring get's a attatched to the back of the rckstr driver, is that correct?

I also just relised I'll need a flexdrive with this since the host only takes 3.7V, guess I'll leave my jayrob 4701 flashlight kit rip out the PHR and pop in an over powered loc, and get a GGW to go in the dorcy :)

Sounds like a good plan

Peace,
dave

daguin

I'm getting carried away with how I'm gonna waist my money next :D also want to buy a 1W IR labby from o-like when they are back up properly.

Well then, that settles it.

You are lost for life. :eg:

You might as well give up any expectations of having a normal life. :na:

Welcome to our insanity :tinfoil:

Peace,
dave

That new "design" look much better... One question can the pill still work with the HS in there? Also I'm planning on using a LCC in this host, and at ~420ma the driver will start getting quite hot... what would be the best way to dissipate the heat?

Thanks! -Adrian

That new "design" look much better... One question can the pill still work with the HS in there? Also I'm planning on using a LCC in this host, and at ~420ma the driver will start getting quite hot... what would be the best way to dissipate the heat?

Thanks! -Adrian
are you concerned with the heat from the driver or the diode itself? I would thank with this stile heat sink and that diode you should be able to run the laser for 2-3 min before it gets to hot. someone correct me if I wrong.

also I am planning on starting a new thread in the for sale section tomorrow or this weekend. I will have pictures and a video of the heat sink and how you can pay for them.

Stupid question I'm sure but is there anyway to use the stock driver with your heatsink for a LCC?

I don't think that anyone has tested the stock heat sink yet.

Peace,
dave

I hope I don't sound as dense as I think I do, but what stock heat sink? I am trying to determine if there is anyway to use the Dorcy boost driver already in the flashlight rater than a flexdrive which is expensive for a red build when I can get away with no extra cost using the Dorcy with just his new heatsink design.

I hope I don't sound as dense as I think I do, but what stock heat sink? I am trying to determine if there is anyway to use the Dorcy boost driver already in the flashlight rater than a flexdrive which is expensive for a red build when I can get away with no extra cost using the Dorcy with just his new heatsink design.

One question can the pill still work with the HS in there?

That's what I want to know too...

are you concerned with the heat from the driver or the diode itself? I would thank with this stile heat sink and that diode you should be able to run the laser for 2-3 min before it gets to hot. someone correct me if I wrong.

also I am planning on starting a new thread in the for sale section tomorrow or this weekend. I will have pictures and a video of the heat sink and how you can pay for them.

I'm talking about the heat produced from the driver its self... On the rkcstr drivers instructions IIRC it says that LD drivers eg rkcstr and flexdrive at their upper current limits, produce enough heat to desolder components on the board, and propper heatsinking/cooling is needed!

daguin

WOW! Total brain fart.

I absolutely meant the stock driver.

I don't think anyone has tested the stock DRIVER in the new style Dorcy for current. The LED's are different in the new and old styles.

I swear I proofread :yabbem:

Peace,
dave

I a put 3.7 volt battery in the host and tested out the driver that came in the dorcy it was putting out a little over 5 volts. I have not test the current yet.