Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

CLOSED: Ben Boost Mini

benmwv

They are tiny compared to that quarter!

Cant wait to get these thanks

Mo --
I'm still in for 4 -- Kits or assembled at ~1 Amp. I can tune them.
PM me with whatever you want to ship and a $. SMT parts don't scare me - I'm near sighted!!! I don't need a microscope☺☺☺
HMike

Lodging for my first week at this base took $372 out of my bank account and that on top of travelling here, drained my account. I'll snag some next time around.

Thanks Matt --- I may adjust the current a bit as needed
but ~ 1 Amp each should be real close.
HMike

I'm still trying to find a good alternative for the heat sink. I can't find any square copper pieces teh same size as that pad, and using these 1/8" round copper bar just makes it look...DIYish

The assembled drivers also come with silicone leads attached, as I have to attach them to test the drivers until i can get some small alligator clips.

benmwv

I watched the assembly video, the round bar looked fine to me. Maybe you should tape the stencil down too? Idk I've never used one either.

I was going to say to cut up a penny but they aren't made
from copper anymore :-( I have also used shooting gas checks.
Maybe you have a friend who reloads ammo.
HMike

benmwv

Got all my stuff monday. Thanks matt!

I can confirm these are the exact parts I used. Work great, but I recommend filing the ends of the copper piece a little so its flat. And watch the video on the product page before you start.

Maybe next time cut them with a hacksaw/dremel/air grinder so they are flat.

Yeah i started cutting them with a hacksaw so they'd stand up straight. would LOVE to just find a source that made the copper squares to put right on the pad.

I don't think it would be cost effective to have them made though, unless i were to order like 10,000 pieces....and i'll never sell that many drivers.

Got my drivers in today! They are sweet! Here is a picture of the ben boosts vs. the ben boost mini's.

I got:

2x 1150mA I got: 2x 1125mA with IMR 18650
2x 1108mA I got: 2x 1075mA with IMR 18650

image1ux.jpg

I am happy with my purchase and it is great that Moh prewired them :)

greetings,,

Glad they made it. They are wired because I'm still waiting for my test clips... So I have to wire up each one to test them for now...