Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Cleveland, Ohio NDG7475

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63385
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 63385

Hello everyone, new to LPF, here to learn and build. Always been interested in lasers but now i have the time on account of 3 tibia and 2 fibula fractures. Sucks a lot but im happy to be here. Really want to build a NUBM44-V2 pointer, still in the research phase, also considering the NDG7475. Any advice or direction would be appreciated. Anyone within 2 hours of Cleveland interested in meeting for coffee im willing to drive and buy. --Michael searching LPF all night and day for answers.

Welcome to LPF Mike.

The nubm44 has awful divergence, have you bought or built any other lasers yet ?

Be aware that you need laser safety glasses that attenuate the wavelength you are working with to protect your eyes and to see how well you have your beam focused when doing work with the laser, many here use THESE GLASSES

D

Deleted member 63385

Thanks red, as i dig deeper into the LPF boards i find your comments more often than not everywhere, as well as always being helpful. i have a red and green 303, (unknown W and nM) old wish app buys. don't worry 4 years ago the shipping only took 90 days... lol. no builds yet trying to put together a parts list now, just wanna start with a diode and bread board nothing portable yet. i wanted to start from scratch so im trying to understand building drivers and the different kinds now. im ashamed to admit the reason i chose the NUBM44-V2 was because i heard it packed the most energy for a visible diode on the market, i was also interested in NDG7475 because i heard they were the brightest on the market. But now having a member or your status reach out to me it feels like im compensating for a small johnson... lol. with having a broken leg im really bored and wanted to build something from scratch that was cooler then the two 303's i currently have. any project really. in search of some direction... @RedCowboy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Michael,
Welcome to LPF many fine folks here to help. We also have a search bar for plenty of info. And yes as Redcowboy said safety glasses here provided a link for the glasses you will need for the NUBM44-V2 diode. As you stated about the NDG7475 its a great 520 diode super bright and you can get at least 1.4 A . the divergence is nice but the 44 will burn anything it comes in contact with.
Rich:)

I enjoy the multi mode greens as much as anyone, but also enjoy the single mode directs, a nice tight beam and unique wavelength is a can't miss IMHO, if you don't have a sharp 488 then you should get some soon ( discontinued I have read ) I run them at 250ma for about 100mw with a G3 lens and that makes a really nice beam that you can focus to a tight spot in the distance. ( Been planning a tri beam build )

I can't help getting out my 488's and 505's on a foggy night, the single mode 520's are pleasing as well......for the 1W green multi mode beam it's hard to beat a nugm03 and mine have held up well de-canned so far....been meaning to do a c-lens corrected HH build with a 7475 and have dreams of a monster yag powered 532 but as many find my time/budget is a limiting factor, not imagination, that's why it's so nice to enjoy seeing what others build, so do share yours even if it's nothing new it's cool to see what others come up with and how we get to the same end. :)

D

Deleted member 63385

Get a NUGM03, it has a brighter spot (but slightly dimmer beam) than the '44 without the insane fire hazard part
i will definitely look into that diode now. i feel like this is a dumb question but is the NDG7475 the brightest diode out?

D

Deleted member 63385

Yes it is the brightest affordable green laser diode (I think it can go to 1.5W). But the NUGM03 is the cheapest green diode that can do >1W (1.3W max)
Thank you, i think i'd be stupid not to start with a more affordable diode like that.

Hi,
The 03 diode has a factory ball lens and can only be focused by removing the ball lens. As where the NDG7475 diode has a can and can be focused, The 03 without the ball lens removed become an open can where the emitters ar exposed and you will need to be really careful not to get anything on them.

D

Deleted member 63385

Wow this is exciting, two guys from Ohio. After i finish my build i'm going to have to host a get together for us to experiment! @Alaskan @hakzaw1

Hi,
The 03 diode has a factory ball lens and can only be focused by removing the ball lens. As where the NDG7475 diode has a can and can be focused, The 03 without the ball lens removed become an open can where the emitters ar exposed and you will need to be really careful not to get anything on them.

@Lifetime17 Thanks for all the great information, without you guys i'd be racking my head against the wall! you guys have a solid community here and i look forward to being apart of it. everyone has been so helpful!

Wow this is exciting, two guys from Ohio. After i finish my build i'm going to have to host a get together for us to experiment! @Alaskan @hakzaw1

@Lifetime17 Thanks for all the great information, without you guys i'd be racking my head against the wall! you guys have a solid community here and i look forward to being apart of it. everyone has been so helpful!

Your welcome always a pleasure

kecked

I’m actually in Brecksville. Where you at? Mixed gas is in akron, rob Mudryk is in west lake, matt polak also in brecksville. There are lots of us.

D

Deleted member 63385

I’m actually in Brecksville. Where you at? Mixed gas is in akron, rob Mudryk is in west lake, matt polak also in brecksville. There are lots of us.

I live near the Westside Market off Lorain road in Cleveland, right now I’ve got a pretty mangled leg, so I’m staying at my parents house in Seven Hills, Ohio. I got hit by car doing 60 mph texting and driving and he only hit my leg and he broke my tibia and fibula in 5 places. 2 surgeries and now I’m 29 years old with my mom and girlfriend taking care of me. Lol
But anyway, when I get back to my house I’d love to host something!