Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Christmas lights (re: lasers!) this year.....

Hi Folks. I just wanted to share some laser deco I'm trying out with the holidays this year. Last year when I did this I wasn't using anything special & promised myself it'd be better next year. So this time I'm using a projector, and while learning the software is a bitch - I've found some decent ilda files that produce a much better result. Have a look...! :beer:

142.jpg
138.jpg
136.jpg
135.jpg
129.jpg
128.jpg

235.jpg
233.jpg

222.jpg
106.jpg

183.jpg
172.jpg

227.jpg
104.jpg

241.jpg
105.jpg

As soon as I figure out the software (Dr Lava's LSX) a little better I'll add some more pics. Until then, thanks for checking this out and happy holidays to you and those around you! :san: :beer: :san:

Last edited:

Videos or I call this fake :p Well done friend, looks sweet. I wish I had a working projector already to setup something like this in my courtyard. Maybe next year :)

Videos or I call this fake :p

Hehe ok ok, there's a vid at the bottom of the OP of the singing christmas tree :san: :beer:

Video? How about a 24X7 web cam?? :D

YESS That'd be awesome, cept I dont run the laser during the daytime & a live video stream would slow down my LPF browsing connection ;) :beer:

Last edited:
I with you on trying to learn how to use LSX. That is what I purchased too. Oh well, I'll have plenty of time to figure it out since I'm heading to the desert for quite a while. I won't be there are long as the Army is over there but it is still a long deployment. I have a few songs I want to create animations and/or shows for.

im thinking about buying LSX do you guys like it? i have the demo and am impressed but there is quite a learning curve it seems....

I with you on trying to learn how to use LSX. That is what I purchased too. Oh well, I'll have plenty of time to figure it out since I'm heading to the desert for quite a while. I won't be there are long as the Army is over there but it is still a long deployment. I have a few songs I want to create animations and/or shows for.

Yeah, I seem to keep finding people saying more or less 'give it enough time & you'll get the hang of it'. As I've been doing just that I'm wishing it came with a manual or online instructions. I've done some searching & found some threads on PL covering LSX, but they seem to me more geared towards advanced users. Hehe I dont even have all the acronyms & lingo down yet, I'm very much a beginner in this area of lasers. Hopefully more searching & reading will eventually help :beer:

im thinking about buying LSX do you guys like it? i have the demo and am impressed but there is quite a learning curve it seems....

As I've just said I'm struggling learning how it works and how to use it, yes I do recommend it. Part of the difficult learning curve is because it's advance software and there's a LOT it can do. If it were limited to a few simple things I'm sure it'd be easy to figure out, but I'm glad to have something I can use on a basic level like looping single idla files together or alone - to building full scale, multi effect customized laser shows. I was talked into buying LSX instead of something simpler and I'm glad I did :beer:

Dude are you kidding me? Did it snow in one day? Or do my eyes deceive me? o_O

Yeah it snowed last night, just an inch or so though.... It's december though, why would that surprise you? Chicago can have some naaaaasty winter weather, believe me! :san::beer:

Last edited:
i got a 80 page pdf with my demo.. you need it dan? i can email it to you...

Ahh yes please please, that'd be awesome!!! Thank you very much for offering this bennett!! +:beer:

Ahh yes please please, that'd be awesome!!! Thank you very much for offering this bennett!! +:beer:

no problem i hope it will help :beer:

BTW i dont think a beer will do it a keg would be much more acceptable :san:

Attachments

• RealTime2010.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 609
Last edited:

can i borrow a tap? sorry for being so needy i seem to have misplaced mine :crackup:

also a few questions about lsx: what version do you have and what DAC are you using with it? i will be getting lsx but i cant decide between lite or basic/...