Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Choose Raffle Prize & Price (update)

Choose the raffle prize and price!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Raffle (cancelled)

In the second paragraph...
"...and received a B.S. in engineering.."
LOL :D I guess writers of Wikipedia are not quite familiar with internet slang.

So it is a ruby rod. Figures.

Anyhow, Glenn, didn't answer my question, what kind of connections do you have?

Since everyones answers are confusing, I presume it is a secret.

Anyhow, about blue lasers there, CNI offers a module ... up to 50 mW.
Anyone tried one of those?
It requires external optics as far as I can see , 0.1 mm beam at aperture at 15 mRad divergence :D But hell I would like to see some builds with that. My builds. :D

Also, how do you order from CNI? There is no pricing, no forms, no payment info, no availability info, no nothing.

DJNY

Also, how do you order from CNI? There is no pricing, no forms, no payment info, no availability info, no nothing.

There are some other sites around with no price info, but if you contact them for the price, they are going to tell you. The shipping costs are really high if you sell the lasers directly from them!!

There are some other sites around with no price info, but if you contact them for the price, they are going to tell you. The shipping costs are really high if you sell the lasers directly from them!!
I guess you mean BUY the lasers :D
Ah, figures.
I would probably drop any thought of buying as soon as I hear the prices in general I guess.

DJNY

I guess you mean BUY the lasers :D
Ah, figures.
I would probably drop any thought of buying as soon as I hear the prices in general I guess.

Yes... :p

I wrote to them a while ago.

PGL-III-C-473nm-50mW/Unit Euro500.00

The price excludes freight charge.

Christ. My family's three month income. For a toy...
I LOVE lasers and all, but hell that is too much (not that I would not buy if I could :D ).

DJNY

I LOVE lasers and all, but hell that is too much (not that I would not buy if I could :D ).

If I find someone who is willing to buy my clothes I´m going to buy the 50mW GLP. I got several branded articles a time ago from my dad´s cloth collection and don´t need all of them.

In the pic you can see just a VERY small selective... maybe anyone here is interested and help me making my Austrian dream to become true!

Attachments

• clothes.jpg
    clothes.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

If I find someone who is willing to buy my clothes I´m going to buy the 50mW GLP. I got several branded articles a time ago from my dad´s cloth collection and don´t need all of them.

In the pic you can see just a VERY small selective... maybe anyone here is interested and help me making my Austrian dream to become true!
Man, why stick with 50 mW...
I'd be happy with anything from IIIb, as long as I can give my eyes a break from all too-well-known trio of 405-532-650 .

I can't imagine how beautifully it looks in person, and most likely this is why I keep dreaming it :D

cmak

:crackup:

are you exaggerating or is that seriously your "family's three month income"? Where do you live..?

are you exaggerating or is that seriously your "family's three month income"? Where do you live..?
Man, if only I were...

My mum had a monthly salary of around 2300 HRK, which is about ~400$
Sometimes more, sometimes less.

So I am exaggerating only a bit...

It is only recent situation here, my mum got a raise and my dad found a job. So from next month or so, I will be proud enough to say that 50mW pen laser is ONE monthly income, not three (3 would have been like, a month ago without recent events).

Hard to explain actually, but situation over here is quite bad overall.

I live in Croatia, as you might have noticed. Poor country with even poorer govt. The thieves ar etoo busy soending the state's money and stealing it, that they do not notice what the F* is going on.

Don't ask... I get depressed every time I think on the subject. :D

cmak

Damnit for a second I thought it was in USD and I was like OMGWTF *double-checks the GB7 prices* *checks if maybe GB8 started* oh...
Man, if only I were...

My mum had a monthly salary of around 2300 HRK, which is about ~400$
Sometimes more, sometimes less.

So I am exaggerating only a bit...

It is only recent situation here, my mum got a raise and my dad found a job. So from next month or so, I will be proud enough to say that 50mW pen laser is ONE monthly income, not three (3 would have been like, a month ago without recent events).

Hard to explain actually, but situation over here is quite bad overall.

I live in Croatia, as you might have noticed. Poor country with even poorer govt. The thieves ar etoo busy soending the state's money and stealing it, that they do not notice what the F* is going on.

Don't ask... I get depressed every time I think on the subject. :D
wow that's harsh... you might wanna move to the U.S. or Canada
glad to hear you're family's been doing better though

peace & thanks
-cmak

I doubt he is that broke, he has the internet and a computer. Plus the cost of living might be lower, so you cant judge their wages with ours.

wow that's harsh... you might wanna move to the U.S. or Canada
glad to hear you're family's been doing better though

peace & thanks
-cmak
I am also glad that things are starting to look up... finally.

Actually, moving somehwere near Ontario is on my want-to-do list after the college...

I doubt he is that broke, he has the internet and a computer. Plus the cost of living might be lower, so you cant judge their wages with ours.

Don't worry, I am not actually digging in dumpsters for food. Unlike many who are not that lucky.

Well, the problem is that all the money you make here is spend on essentials. No room for $400 laser, since that is all you get (minimal and most common salary in Cro, 2000 HRK flat, $1=5 HRK roughly, so, around $400. )

There are even illegal jobs and stuff for even less money.

Arch... just makes me wonder why the hell me and my family are not in Canada or somewere else... just not this freaking sinkig ship of a country.

Seriously, is there any other country in the world where the VAT tax is 23% ?!