Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cheap "anti green" goggles from focalprice / o-like

seoguy

the probe looks strange just cause is strange :p, the open sensor is a 5W thermopile disk, that can't read correctly under 50mW, the other is a low power high sensibility thermopile, that can read til 0,1mW, but can't take more than 200mW (the shielding around it is just the back of an aixiz module, that i've painted matte black inside and screwed in front of it, for protect from surrounding light, otherwise the measure can't be accurate)

Cool 2-sensor DIY meter! :gj: HIMNL9, what brand thermal sensors are those, and where did you get them? That 5W range one almost sounds like that Die4Thing meter I've been reading-up on lately!

HIMNL9

I used spare parts, from when i was working in an elactronic instruments factory ..... the 5W is a disc (not a head, a bare disc, made from some company for integrate it in your own machines), it don't report any data on the disk, except a "5W max peak" written in black on the back of the disk ..... the other one is an old Perkin-Elmer thermopile in TO39, with the input window painted with a strange black that resemble anodization, instead paint (or at least, i don't understand what type of paint it is, for how is thin and adsorbing), both recovered from old projects from when i was working there (also the LPM is a prototype :p)

Edit: i think disk was from Coherent Technologies, but not 100% sure, passed 3 years, sorry ..... i just remembered that from a client, we had ordered some from Coherent, so it can be one of them.

Last edited:
..... anyway, about pointing directly high intensity beams in the eyes, i don't trust any goggles at all, even if cost thousand of $)

I do.

Because an accident can happen that leave an IR beam directly pointed at your eyes (or pulses for that matter), you'd want safety eyewear to be able to sustain this. I wear 700 euro goggles at my university (about $1100), and I trust them. This is why the EN207 standard exists: it guarantees the goggles can take 10 seconds (or 100 shots) without going below the spec'd values. It's a rating I respect, but some cheap sellers don't. They say it's EN207 rated, but only provides OD's for their goggles. The whole point is rating how much a goggle can take, not just attenuate.

Anyway, I'm curious about the OD for different wavelength.

HIMNL9

Well, if you talk about high power safety masks, then yes ..... i also can trust something similar :wtf: ..... but, anyway, NOT for directly point a laser in one of my eyes (i have sorta of phobia, about pointing lasers in eyes ..... always break the ba**s of all the ones that ask to try my lasers, with lots of warnings ..... it's instinctive)

But i doubt that hobbysts can afford those prices ;)

deliberately pointing lasers in your eye is stupid, no doubt here ;) Goggles protect in case of accidents, usually not in case of stupidity. I used the goggles with a large pulsed yag laser (2J pulses, 2.5ns FWHM, 10hz rep rate, 500MW peak, 20W avg). And with the 0.5J femtosecond laser (some terawatts). I was told the next step in protection were two concrete bricks.

I'd still love to see this cheap unrated goggles be shot to pieces, shoot at them again :)

Last edited:
I do trust that they can attenuate green, but let me warn you:
DO NOT use them for laser safety!!! The goggles tested here are at least 2mm thick. It lasts only seconds under a medium power laser. A thin film WILL MELT within half a second! That means, before you know what's going on, the protection is GONE! Again, these filters are not made for it, but unlike these cheap goggles, they aren't even suitable. Again, these filters melt in a fraction of a second, do not use them for laser safety!

Just a heads-up - I've been trying to order these from FocalPrice all this week, but the page for this product is missing!

Normally, this might indicate either that the product description/URL had changed, or the product had been discontinued. :cryyy:

But when I looked in the section this product appeared in to see if the URL had changed, I discovered that ALL of the over 1,500(?) products in that section of their web site (Other) had vaporized as well! :huh:

And when I tried to do a search for "anti-green" on their web site, I got a server error for the search option as well! :confused:

Not sure if they got hacked or what, but there are some serious issues with their web site right now!

I sent them an inquiry about this, and will let you all know what I find out from them about the availability of this product.

BTW, I am posting this heads-up in both of the recent review threads that cover / link to this product, but will likely provide more detailed follow-up information about this topic in the other thread here -

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/oem-focalprice-laser-goggles-review-43134.html

Focalprice.com offers Professional Anti Green Laser Glassess ,discount Professional Anti Green Laser Glassess,Professional Anti Green Laser Glassess products,low price Professional Anti Green Laser Glassess,cheap Professional Anti Green Laser Glasses
Works fine for me, they're under the lasers section.

As last test with the green module, i decided to sacrificate a corner of the lens ... as you can see here, pulses of approximatively 1 second, causes surface melting...

attachment.php
Talk about a visually effective test... REP +1 :beer: