Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Cheap 1w 445nm, is it good?

gozert

If it's good, probably not really. You can get a way better one for a bit more money.

Check out these links:

Sci-Fi lasers 1W 445nm Good build quality and customer support for just 10$ more.

LaserBTB 1W 445nm Also a very good laser, but quite a bit more expensive at 118$.

You can also build your own laser by getting a simple host for not too much and a DTR module. It'll be around 100$ but you get to build your own laser. DTR also offers 1.8W modules for not too much. The best part of it is that you can choose your own host and you'll only have to solder two wires together if you get it with the driver pre-installed.

Last edited:

APEX1

If it's good, probably not really. You can get a way better one for a bit more money.

Check out these links:

Sci-Fi lasers 1W 445nm Good build quality and customer support for just 10$ more.

LaserBTB 1W 445nm Also a very good laser, but quite a bit more expensive at 118$.

You can also build your own laser by getting a simple host for not too much and a DTR module. It'll be around 100$ but you get to build your own laser. DTR also offers 1.8W modules for not too much. The best part of it is that you can choose your own host and you'll only have to solder two wires together if you get it with the driver pre-installed.

agreed!! plus building your own is just much more funnnnnnn

Last edited:
The rifle host is the only good thing about that.. it may be 1w but the parts inside are probably very crap and it will break down too 445 arent exactly that expensive, for 100$ or something u can get a very good 1w laser of good quality ,buying a laser like that says 5mW is just nonsense...

APEX1

The rifle host is the only good thing about that.. it may be 1w but the parts inside are probably very crap and it will break down too 445 arent exactly that expensive, for 100$ or something u can get a very good 1w laser of good quality ,buying a laser like that says 5mW is just nonsense...

I have been reading up on this host and its specs. I am shocked to say the least. I might buy one as well. I found only two bad reviews but it seems like the person that wrote them doesn't no anything about the hobby.. it uses decent quality parts its just being sold at wholesale prices.

thats how 445 usually look on camera, my looks more or less the same alot of purple colors.

I wouldn't risk it. I would go with Gozert's first recommendation. Sci-Fi lasers has proven to be a very trustworthy site to buy lasers from.

You could also check some lasers on O-Like and Rayfoss.

If you don't want to spend that extra $17 for the Sci-Fi one, this is the cheapest one I could find:
New waterproof Blue laser 1W torch /focusable [OL-BLUW] - $59.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

I think O-like is a descent site and for the price you won't be disappointed (plus, it's waterproof :D )

60$ ? get real that must be a real crap laser will break down in a week or two probably..

60$ ? get real that must be a real crap laser will break down in a week or two probably..

O-like has pretty decent reviews... and it hasn't. Some people said it has gone downhill over a year ago (some say two) and some claim that it's still the same.

If you want to be confident that you bought a laser of at least 1W, buy the one from Sci-Fi lasers. If you want to have a fairly decent chance of getting a laser at about 1W and also don't want to spend that 25 extra dollars, go with O-like.

Personally, I think the extra 25 bucks are worth it

Last edited:
One thing about building your own, it's not made of cheap nonstandard Chinese parts that are glued together and can't be fixed if it breaks. If you build your own you know what's in it and could fix it someday if you need to. You can also decide how much you want to do yourself, it can be as easy as soldering 2 pairs of wires together and assembling some parts, or it can be far more complex.

Alan

Pman

Pi is right and you can have someone else build it for you if needed.
There are a bunch of great builders right here and the laserbtb.com company sells quality built units (buy a PL rather than HL for a few bucks more if you go that route) although you won't be able to take their units apart.
Why not watch the buy/sell/trade section here though as there's units for sale at a discount all the time. You can usually tell pretty easily by someone's REP if they are a good standing member and may get the laser much faster than some company with a low or no shipping cost depending upon where you live.
Just noticed you are in Italy which obviously could narrow things down a bit.

Last edited:
I'm new to the LPF and just became a member a few weeks ago. And I bought my very first 1watt laser about two months ago and ultimately devoted to go with SCI FI laser. Unbelievable customer service, Eitan was super friendly, but I have a question, and I feel stupid but since I'm so new to this, how the heck do I do a review of it and do I have to have a LPM? Thanks everyone

APEX1

I'm new to the LPF and just became a member a few weeks ago. And I bought my very first 1watt laser about two months ago and ultimately devoted to go with SCI FI laser. Unbelievable customer service, Eitan was super friendly, but I have a question, and I feel stupid but since I'm so new to this, how the heck do I do a review of it and do I have to have a LPM? Thanks everyone

If you bought it from scifi, no you don't really need to LPM it. I mean if you want to see if it really is 1w than by all means go ahead, but scifi tests all his stuff before its shipped out and after he is done building it. And honestly if your new to the hobby I really don't see how you can do an accurate review on it other than what the quality is and how powerful you think it is. No offense intended just my opinion. All reviews are welcomed though as it helps with people buying or wanting the same thing.. Good luck pal if you need help with anything just ask, but make sure to do a search before posting a thread the mods and vets don't like people posting something that's already been answered a billion times already lol enjoy

None taken at all, I def understand what you're saying, and agree totally, because this is my first laser I figured the review wouldn't be that thorough, so I may wait till I have a few more. YouTube is good enough for now, thanks again so much for the help :)

If you bought it from scifi, no you don't really need to LPM it. I mean if you want to see if it really is 1w than by all means go ahead, but scifi tests all his stuff before its shipped out and after he is done building it. And honestly if your new to the hobby I really don't see how you can do an accurate review on it other than what the quality is and how powerful you think it is. No offense intended just my opinion. All reviews are welcomed though as it helps with people buying or wanting the same thing.. Good luck pal if you need help with anything just ask, but make sure to do a search before posting a thread the mods and vets don't like people posting something that's already been answered a billion times already lol enjoy

Crap! I messed the reply up, sorry I'll learn as I go,
Once again thanks so much for the help man :D