Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Casio a140 vs a130

From the "List of 445nm diodes" thread.

kdantc.jpg

Unless many diodes from each kind of projector were used and then their averages used to create this chart it's hard to say if this is an accurate representation. I've used several diodes from A130 projectors, and each one has had it's own unique characteristics.

I would assume that Casio is just underdring the a130 diodes, wouldn't make sense to buy a ton of one diode and a ton of another for just a couple hundred lumens more.

Yeah, thats what I would assume as well. Kind of like the 10X blu-ray burners that had the same diodes as the 8X ones.....

ElectroFreak,

Your GB#4 - the final one and one I got in on; was that from an a140 or a130?

I'm interested in this, I wonder if it's worth the extra cash or if these diodes are pushed harder. Perhaps they are the exact same kind of diode, but during the factory burn-in test, they chose the better ones for the A140? So pre-selected high-efficiency diodes?

Huh. Yeah; I got diodes from ElectroFreak, MarioMaster, Hakzaw and Scopeguy/Glenn - seems these were all a130s... Don't know how many folks here were able to get a140 diodes? (Maybe over on PL) .. If so -- does anyone know anyone sourcing these from a140s right now and doing group buys?

Last edited:
Huh. Yeah; I got diodes from ElectroFreak, MarioMaster, Hakzaw and Scopeguy/Glenn - seems these were all a130s... Don't know how many folks here were able to get a140 diodes? (Maybe over on PL) .. If so -- does anyone know anyone sourcing these from a140s right now and doing group buys?
on PL, from what I can tell 445 thread=b& so you'd better just look here.

on PL, from what I can tell 445 thread=b& so you'd better just look here.

Understood; Well - if anyone's up for going in on a remaining a140 (I understand they're pretty hard to find now) -- count me in, even if the diode is over $50. Would be willing to put some coins in the pot to see if there is a difference.

Understood; Well - if anyone's up for going in on a remaining a140 (I understand they're pretty hard to find now) -- count me in, even if the diode is over $50. Would be willing to put some coins in the pot to see if there is a difference.
I'm sure you could muster up a group buy at only a few dollars' difference...

I'm sure you could muster up a group buy at only a few dollars' difference...

Won't hurt to see if my local best buy stores have an a140 left.. Metro Denver, so I doubt it, but it's a possibility. Will look into it and let the forum know if I find anything.

does anyone besides us actually buy these? lol, the only reviews I've seen for these were bad because the light from the lasers totally washed out the light from the LEDs.

I have an A140 and A130 on hand. If there is enough interest I will sell the diodes from the A140 for $50 each shipped. If there are 10 diodes for sure wanted I will open it up.

I have an A140 and A130 on hand. If there is enough interest I will sell the diodes from the A140 for $50 each shipped. If there are 10 diodes for sure wanted I will open it up.
I'll bet you'll hit 10 diodes really fast if you open a thread in b/s/t. I'm temporarily out of the market (and out of cash) though :D the crazy thing is this hobby isn't really that expensive but we still manage to spend most or all of our money on it :oops:

well that's two. I just don't want to open it up and then be stuck with 20 diodes instead of a working projector. It actually is pretty nice IMO. Then again these alternative projectors are the only ones I've ever seen besides a movie theatre.