Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BUYERS BEWARE!

For what it's worth, I have ordered a few things from Jake21 and have had no problems. Everything has always arrived on time, fully operational and undamaged. I guess it boils down to the fact that nobody's perfect and shit happens, blah, blah, blah. etc.. Seems like for every complaint, there's a few happy customers somewhere else. Throughout my life I've NEVER found a business/seller that has pleased every single customer that they have sold to. You can't please everyone.. but in business it doesn't hurt to try anyway :D

On the flip side, IF the mutilated module shown in the photos in fact arrived that way, then there is very little excuse for not refunding. That module is TORE UP! I guess what I'm trying to say is thanks, Jake21, for keeping me happy, just make sure you don't let customer service go by the wayside.. As much as I hear people talking here on LPF about how GB organizers shouldn't try to profit, the truth is that GBs are just another form of retail. In any business, good customer service really is a lot more important that most people think. As is obvious by the presence of this thread, if your customers aren't happy, they will do everything possible to both protect themselves from future problems and to protect others from having the same experience...

When 100 happy customers give the thumbs up to a seller... it is a
built up reputation... and new customers will not hesitate to buy from
that seller...

BUT

It only takes 1 unhappy customer to cut that built up reputation in half....
and the next unhappy customer will cut the remaining reputation in
half again.... and so on....

Then it will take another 100 happy customers to get your built reputation
to increase by only 1%-10%.... because of the unhappy customers...

(Just to clarify... Unsatisfied complaining Customers=Unhappy Customers)

Now I'm not pointing fingers... but that's the way I found it works in life...

Just a reality check............... ::)

Jerry

jake21

i don't no what  Spyderz20x6 problem is... i never sold to him in my life, only thing i no is that he did not get his leadlight  ::) all i can say for the people who hate me don't read my thread or buy my things for sale. enough said :p  

Brett

Being relatively new to the Laser Pointer Forum, I am not necessarily completely hip to its politics.  This being the case, upon digesting the acrimony surrounding the Jake21 buy, I was somewhat frightened away from trying to join in to future GB's.  This was in spite of the fact that I had just completed my first PHR-803T build, and was experiencing an intense yearning for more power.  Now I don't really know which group buys to trust and may have to resort paying three times the price for sleds on ebay, or hunting for the manufacturers, who may not sell small quantities.

If anyone wants to sell a single 6x sled, PM me.  Thanks!

-Brett

jake21 said:
Spyderz20x6 ur still made over a leadlight pen  ;D  
This is not about a leadlight. It is about your character.
When i asked you why you bailed out on me, you made up some BS about the company taking the leadlights back.
You are lying to protect your reputation, which is what pisses me off.

I couldn't care less about a leadlight pen. This is about your honesty.

IgorT

drew said:
:-? whats this?

900th post :)

That's nothing, Drew.. Look at this (NOT Jake's work tho!  The module in your pic is a work of art in comparison to this..)
I call it the Dorcy Horror Story.. It made me blind for two weeks (literally).

Otherwise, i always get my sleds, when i order from Jake. I do not buy assembled things from anyone tho. I only trust myself, i guess...
And if you know how to put them together yourself, maybe neither should you...

Attachments

• Diodes_at_an_Angle_-_LR.JPG
    Diodes_at_an_Angle_-_LR.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 81
IgorT said:
[quote author=drew link=1231369507/0#4 date=1231374717] :-? whats this?

That's nothing, Drew.. Look at this (NOT Jake's work tho!  Jake's work is art in comparison...)

Otherwise, i always get my sleds, i order from Jake. I do not buy assembled things from anyone tho. And if you know how to put them together yourself, neither should you...[/quote]
lmao thats a pretty picture you have there sir! where did that come from?

IgorT said:
[quote author=drew link=1231369507/0#4 date=1231374717] :-? whats this?

That's nothing, Drew.. Look at this (NOT Jake's work tho!  The module in your pic is a work of art in comparison to this..)
I call it the Dorcy Horror Story.. It made me blind for two weeks (literally).

Otherwise, i always get my sleds, when i order from Jake. I do not buy assembled things from anyone tho. I only trust myself, i guess...
And if you know how to put them together yourself, maybe neither should you...[/quote]

Hey IgorT,
it would be to the safety of the community to know who the "Neanderthal" is that
installed that LD with a rock..... :mad:

This way he will never sell another POS like that again...........

Am I wrong..... :-? :-? :-?

Jerry

IgorT

drew said:
lmao thats a pretty picture you have there sir! where did that come from?

Haha, it came from two Dorcy "lasers" i was repairing for TheFixerMan. The open can had toolmarks from being hammered in place with a screwdriver! And yet it remained stuck at an angle. Later i found there was a chunk of glue between the AixiZ and the diode, preventing it from going in! No wonder i ruined my insertion tool, trying to straighten it out!

That's not even the best part tho. The most creative part was what i call "Pivoring Solder Hinges" (look below).... And this is only where the story begins! I have many more pics - all from the same two lasers! Describing what i found would be a perfect "How NOT to make a laser" tutorial!

P.S. Also, my doctor says, it is possible, that the toxic glue fumes that filled my eyes and lungs, when i tried to solder to the diode, were the reason i woke up blind on my right eye, two days afterwards, and had to get injections straight into it for two weeks!

The point of this quadruple picture is, that i am NOT bending those wires! They could rotate like that!​

Attachments

• SOLDER_HINGES.JPG
    SOLDER_HINGES.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 79

IgorT

lasersbee said:
Hey IgorT,
it would be to the safety of the community to know who the "Neanderthal" is that
installed that LD with a rock..... :mad:

This way he will never sell another POS like that again...........

Am I wrong..... :-? :-? :-?

Jerry

I agree.. TheFixerMan was actually screwed over by two such sellers in a row, before sending his stuff over to me for a complete rebuild.
However for some reason, he decided not to expose either of them. I suggested he should give the sellers a rep point and simply tell the truth, even if he doesn't want to tell me, who it's from...

I don't know if he ever did that tho. I kinda lost contact with him after his lasers were fixed. (Maybe i should write him another email? ::))

But the thing is, no single buyer can possibly be happy with when they get THIS! And yet none of them do something about it. As a result, more people are ripped off! The buyers should NOT be afraid of giving a negative rep point, when they have a bad (or should i say horrible) experience, and the seller doesn't sort it out properly! (Of course the problem is, that he probably can't sort it out properly, even if he wanted to - but that's why he shouldn't be selling lasers!)

IgorT

Spyderz20x6 said:
Holy crap!
I didn't know it was possible for someone to make a laser THAT bad!

Apparently it is. And you don't even know the half of it!

I felt so bad for the buyer, that i fixed his lasers for free. He only paid DarkHorse for the two heatsinks i specced and Lava for a FlexDrive...

IgorT said:
P.S. Also, my doctor says, it is possible, that the toxic glue fumes that filled my eyes and lungs, when i tried to solder to the diode, were the reason i woke up blind on my right eye, two days afterwards, and had to get injections straight into it for two weeks!
Holy crap! I never knew that was even possible! If that's not a joke, as I thought the rest of your posts were unitl you confirmed, then WOW!

Raybo

jake21 said:
i don't no what  Spyderz20x6 problem is... i never sold to him in my life, only thing i no is that he did not get his leadlight  ::) all i can say for the people who hate me don't read my thread or buy my things for sale. enough said :p  

I haven't purchased one item from you Jake and I never will, I just happened to READ past threads and tell it like it is and it has cost me some - rep.
Does it bother me?      NOPE!   ;)

You seem to have a few "friends" here and a few people that have been lucky with your sales.
Not like it matters, but on all the other forums that I belong to you would be.....................BANNED!

Ray

PS  I'm waiting for more negitive reputation from Jakes pals.   [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

tatman

I have no opinion or comment regarding this thread. I just want to say I LOVE that fireworks clip! Almost turned that rooster into a hen.P.S. Wow. I got no reputation. First time in my life that ever happened!