Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Build pair - 473nm Stainless & 503nm Copper (Pic heavy)

BobMc

Bob, it won't be happening anytime soon as there's a lot of stuff I still haven't touched on, but if it becomes something you'll definitely see me post everything about it. :yh:

Aww shucks, I've been exercising may index finger getting ready to push the :drool: button. :crackup:

Sounds like a very intriguing build. Hoping the best, if and when you get the time. :)

Last edited:

Thanks Albert, and Bob, I'll shoot you a PM if I get some progress if you'd like? :D

Tonight I worked on a focus ring for that 473nm, the lens assembly was bothering me. Stainless steel just like the body, and tried to make it match the shape/style of the heatsink:

t6e3ok.jpg

2v7w8pw.jpg

One of the most satisfying feelings you get from a custom focus ring is that exit beam, if you can get the hole size just right then you can have an astonishing display. I'm pleased with it. :yh:

BobMc

Thanks Albert, and Bob, I'll shoot you a PM if I get some progress if you'd like? :D

Tonight I worked on a focus ring for that 473nm, the lens assembly was bothering me. Stainless steel just like the body, and tried to make it match the shape/style of the heatsink:

t6e3ok.jpg

2v7w8pw.jpg

One of the most satisfying feelings you get from a custom focus ring is that exit beam, if you can get the hole size just right then you can have an astonishing display. I'm pleased with it. :yh:

Looks great! Nice beam shot also. I know "when I plan comes together" always put a smile on your face.

Sure let me know what's up with that micro-mini build, sounds like something I just might be interested in. Best wishes. :)

Wow, that's stunning....
Awesome Sean!

:beer:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey EP, that new focus ring really puts the finishing touch on that host, very nice!
:gj:

So old responding to this thread it's marginally a necro post, but those hosts are so beautiful I had to bump it back up to the top once more :)

I missed posting to this thread last time as I was about to go into the hospital. Sorry I missed it as those hosts look great, Sean. Have you had any problems with that rectangular artifact next to the spot on any of these builds? And if so, what lens were you using that gave you them? :thanks:

hi ,
Forget about Necro these builds are always a delight to see awesome WL's on top. These 495's are really sweet and they show it. And on top of it all really cool customs added . Just my opinion.

Thanks Rich:)

Thanks all. :D

@Paul, both the lenses are acrylic, and the "box" artifact is still there, but very faint. Like I said in the OP, that 503nm was the one you built for me, the 473nm one was from DTR.

Gazen

I'm glad the necroposts brought this to my attention, those builds are great! Especially love the small hosts, wavelengths are great too.

I wonder why I can't see the artifact here, before I sent it to you. I look for it every time I build with a Sharp diode. I have a 477nm, a 502nm and a 493nm all in my collection and not a hint of that box in any of them. I have seen some splash from using the acrylic lenses, but not always. That could be because they aren't AR coated.

Last edited:
EP, are you still building these, have any for sale?

Not nearly as much as I used to. However, ever since I had bought the 495nm diode (I've got a unique build coming up for that some time), I had been giving some thought to putting the 503nm copper/bronze pointer up for sale.

I'm looking forward to what you put that 495nm in. I'll bet it is something pretty special. :yh:

They are extraordinary builds, which copper brass will that be, the big one or small?

@Paul, I think you'll find it rather interesting. :yh:

Thank Alaskan, I meant the specific 503nm build from this thread, which takes 1*10440.