Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Brightest Laser?

Frankk

What is the brightest laser you can buy for nighttime use?

The 700mW 532 on jet lasers looks cool, but I'm not sure if a more powerful blue would be brighter.

Thanks guys

Frankk

please research on the forum before posting
thanks you ! :wave:

Hey, I've only seen one recent thread from searching, and it's four months old. I've seen newer lasers since then, so I wanted to get some more input.

ARG

please research on the forum before posting
thanks you ! :wave:

This is fine IMO as the tech changes from time to time.

The brightest laser you can get (I think) Would be a 40W CuBr or a massive Mixed gas laser.

Edit: Laserscopes go up to 120W of 532nm now too IIRC from what I saw on PL.

Last edited:
300 evil has a sweet 30W 532 laserscope he plans a lasershow on the effin' moon.

IMO- a good 500mw 532 will be 'brighter' to our eyes than 2 W of 445 or about the same- check out the charts at Chroma- to see what is needed to make white laser.
as for you failed search you need to try other search terms.

Best bang per buck ATM is the Pl-E Jetlaser 500mW at only 399$usd(+4% for PPal)
order and pay anytime at

greenlaserpointer.org

or pay me same thing--

dhl expressed to your door in 4/5 working days at ~$30-- comes with charger and rings that allow either 18650 or without-- the fatty 26650-- no glasses anymore- and only a fool would risk sending a laser WITH the batteries in the SAME box- not worth the risk-buy from LarryDFW or me or get locally- A nice add-on is the 5X BE at 60$ usd GB prices-- several ways to pay see details at the store--

hak

ARG

Ah, probably CNI's PGL's then. IIRC they offer up to 1.2W but at prices over 3K.

For more reasonable prices:
-Jetlasers PL-E series(Reginak got a different one from Jetlasers that hit 1.2W)
-WL Kryton (thought there are mixed feelings about this)
-SkyLaser's 700mW FDA-whatever laser
-CNI's PGL's
-Hercules from LaserGlow
-Jayrobs DIY modules

My 4.4W handheld was also pretty damn bright, many times brighter than my 300mW 532nm. The beam was visible in daytime, outside on the sunniest of days.

Frankk

Jetlasers' hosts are awesome, and their prices seem pretty reasonable. hak, I sent you a message.

@arg you have any videos of that 4.4W? :drool:

Last edited:
Jetlasers is a good choice. 700mW green laser should bright enough to amaze everyone so go ahead for it.

Blord

My brightest laser is the Skylaser DPL-700. It is over the 800mW of green power.
Unbelievable bright !!

What would be brighter to the human eye, a white or 532nm laser?

Cel

What would be brighter to the human eye, a white or 532nm laser?

There is no single wavelength white laser. It can be achieved by mixing red, green and blue laser.

532nm would be brighter.

ARG

I don't think that tool is very accurate.

Jetlasers' hosts are awesome, and their prices seem pretty reasonable. hak, I sent you a message.

@arg you have any videos of that 4.4W? :drool:

Only a couple before I sold it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RkVSlsX5xI&feature=plcp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge8pMg33bq4&feature=plcp

I couldn't get any of the beam as my video camera can't do extremely bright light. No matter what I did I could not get any pictures or video that captured the true intensity of the light.
I have loads of pictures of the outsides & insides.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/worlds-most-powerful-handheld-4-4w-445nm-77173.html#post1109410
http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/b...ul-handheld-4-4w-445nm-75489.html#post1089316

Funny thing about 'white' laser at laser shows- if you wear the laser glasses they give out the grating these are made with will seperate the white back into the three colors RG &B- likewise any yelllow you see thru the glasses looks like red and green very close together--

to ARG when your camera will not take a photo you KNOW its OMG bright!!

maybe you could have someone drive a mile or so away and take a pic of it coming at you- I saw one of a 1W532 doing that from a mile away--very impressive..

we have some foggage rolling in right now- it was almost 80 degrees today ...maybe I need to take my 1W+ 532 outside for a night shot or two (its BTW a labby)

Frankk

Is it even possible to have white laser eye protection? lol