Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Break in. A reminder to make sure your doors are locked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good Ped, I was still wondering what you meant by that comment. Well its now clear. Also glad to see I wasnt the only one with an imagination. ;) :beer:

Last edited:

Maybe next time we see someone playing the emotion games again we should just treat it as face value and demand some evidence before we start shelling out the compassion card....

Sigh..... this makes me hate the world we live in today where good people get ripped off by soulless asshats.

What seemed weird to me is that neither of them heard anything.

I know, thinking about it now there were lots of holes in the story. Unlocked door, no home contents insurance? Um, ok. I guess all we can do is learn for next time...

Look , this might sound like I'm a coldblooded bumcheek that needs a good spanking but.... I don't think we can ever be prepared unless we are willing to go for the personal touch.

If you'r sending anything big at least have him appear on the the other end of a video chat that's what I suggest.

I mean... we all have webcam in this day and age right? And with the prevalence of free internet video calls it isn't even that expensive.

I think from now on , unless someone's paying in COLD HARD CASH , such as gift payment via PayPal or like USPS Money Order cheques , "too bad , so sad , but you might be a fraud"

Man this is some crap i hate scammers, i hope these guys get robbed for real, seriously WTF

I know, thinking about it now there were lots of holes in the story. Unlocked door, no home contents insurance? Um, ok. I guess all we can do is learn for next time...

Or the fact that he apparently decided the best place for a case of lasers was next to the damn tv. Or how he left his telescope outside.

No one with half a brain would do either of those things.

ped

I think, if anything, this experience has "hardened" us all up .

Its annoyed me because he didn't "slip" under the radar, he did it in the full light of day, not even trying to hide who he was, threw the sob story out there and a lot of us got suckered in.

I wish the members that "saw it coming" ect would have said something a lot sooner, as soon as they had suspicions they should have PM'd myself or another mod.
One thing is for sure, absolutely any member who tries to take advantage of our members kind natures will be thoroughly investigated, and I'll privately ask them to verify their ID , either with their driving license , utility bills, passport ect BEFORE any thread getting posted.

I realize this doesn't help the members who have just been scammed, there isn't much I can do about that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.