Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Brand new here !

TwatGobbler

Hello everyone Jason here from O.C Ca. Ok so recently a friend of mines neighbor gave me a truck load of parts for lasers, there's so much crazy stuff in the collection and I have no clue of what or how any of this works or how to even put it all together on this big metal slab of aluminum might be other material but I was told there's a few complete lasers I can build with all the parts the guy gave me. Now I know you are wondering why I just don't have the guy who gave all this to me help me out and the answer to that is I simply cant due to the fact hes dead now. Only things I know about him is he was some electrical engineer and his job was something to do with lasers and his hobby was also lasers. But back to my problem here now I got all these crates taking up room in my garage where I am constantly working with metal and the things I have in the crates look very fragile but I need to build some lasers out of this stuff. There's a complete He-Ne laser marked in a few boxes so I hope I have all the parts like the guy said I do just missing the exciter (whatever that is ) but from my looking on ebay exciters a few hundred bucks for a tube and a box lol. So any help on building this or even info on what I can do with this He-Ne laser would be great. I need to really probably take some pictures of the stuff that might help huh lol.
Now in the mean time and researching my gas lasers a bit I recently acquired a blue handheld burning laser that is really bright and burns things from a good distance only problem is it hurts my eyeballs to even look where i'm burning bad. So I hear I need goggles for this thing so I dont go blind but I need to know where to 1 buy good ones and 2 what ones to buy since there are so many colors lol. I am also always looking to give things way more power ALWAYS ! I'm sure with joining here and all of you professional laser guys here we should have a good time together. Thanks for reading and any questions feel free to ask

Snecho

Welcome.

Wow, you got tons of free laser stuff, I'm jealous! I had a similar experience, but with R/C models.
Always fun going though to see what you can find. Do you have any pics? 😃

For 445nm laser goggles see: https://www.survivallaserusa.com/Ea...rd_Laser_Safety_Goggles/p1667092_7862033.aspx

If you have glasses, these are the slip-over version: https://www.survivallaserusa.com/Ea...er_Laser_Safety_Goggles/p1667092_7862524.aspx

You can use our member discount code: LPF445 at checkout for 10% off your order.

Good luck in your journey :)

Last edited:

TwatGobbler

Hey thanks for the welcoming Snecho Im glad to be a member now ! Awesome. And as of right now I do not have any pictures and my garage is a huge mess right now its getting insulation and air conditioning put in now but soon as I get some space to lay some stuff out I surely will get some pics up here to share with you all. I would love to know what some of this stuff really is. Hey and I thank you my friend for the links for the goggles my eyeballs hurt the night I had played with the laser so much that it now sits in a drawer lol .

TwatGobbler

Hey guys thanks for the replies much appreciated here. As for pics I know I totally need to get some up here for you all to check out asafp. My garage is a straight mess right now due to some rearanging,junk removal and new ac that just got finished so as soon as I possibly can get to the stuff and have a clear spot to dump it all out at I will do so (im thinking maybe by end of this weekend ) . Believe me I want this stuff identified so maybe I can get a place to start building this thing lol. Gosh I have so many questions about the parts and the crazy mirrors ,long skinny glass tubes and all the other weird things like pumps and valves and it goes on and on . But stay tuned soon I will get the pics up and probably include a bunch that I didnt even know were getting uploaded lol. TWATGOBBLER out-

You should either change your name and come back, or just back off mr troll.

^^^ I agree- bad username choice IF you are serious about getting help.
Just contact admin and he will be HAPPY to help you change yr username.
NO PICS???
even my cheapy flip fone takes pics..
NO PICS-- no help--at least not from me.
We only have about 100 members in Cali.. 'hands on' help is needed for you.
hak

An acquaintance of ours has a great interest in your inheritance, as he, too, has quite an extensive collection. Would you kindly send him a few pictures, or better yet, call him? His website:

TwatGobbler

He's not a troll, just chose a bad username. Calm down
And yes I am working to change it now out of respect to the group here. Nothing like I thought it was going to be ,turns out theres alot of great people here .

Snecho

In response to TwatGobbler's Profile Post:
Igot my pics finally but they wont upload garsh darn it ..Help please

BTW pics are JPG if that has anything to do with it

Look at your reply box in this thread and look for this button:

Upload 1.jpg

Click it and then click this box to open your files and select the picture you want to upload:

Upload 2.jpg

Jim H

And the pics can't be too big. Not sure of the rules, but it seems like mine have to be under 1 meg. Welcome, and look forward to the pics!

I set size small IN THE CAMERA settings -no need to resize any.. done!

Most pics taken closer are the best--show lables-plugs and places to plug.
HeNes need a ballast- if you are using Alden plugs the ballast is inside--do NOT wire any other way.

I take them both with strobe and not.. & pick the best later.

PM if more help is needed.

hak
Bach. of Science KSU '70 Photo Illistration/Journalism

An acquaintance of ours has a great interest in your inheritance, as he, too, has quite an extensive collection. Would you kindly send him a few pictures, or better yet, call him? His website:

I was thinking the same-- IMO it would be an honor for something of mine to end up with him..
Tell me you have seen is unreal collection in person??
OP:
YES you should call him..

we need the 'drool' 'bow down' & 'not worthy'
smilie