Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BobMc's Laser Museum

BobMc

Is there a secret handshake involved or is it pretty much when I eventually get there I can just see it?

:crackup:

Well yes, you didn't get the memo? Ok, once again, the code 6 down than 22 down. But you have to have your secret agent decoder ring on the right index finger. As usual if any member of your team is caught or killed the agency will disavow any knowledge of the mission.

Ps, this message will self destruct, 15 second after it is opened. :D. :crackup:

Thanks BobMc!

Glad RB managed to get back to work, I couldn't sleep, but now can relax in peace. We can all relax. Great what the Sanwu x3BE can do. I never seize to be amazed by it. Thanks for sorting out those image links. Great to see. I need to now go and have another gloat over your awesome collection!! :)

It's is amazing the power a dot of yellow has, people can't relax or get any sleep, no peace, and people stop working. :crackup:

Your welcome, never heard of a link "timing out before" :thinking:

Wasn't sure, when I first talked to Lifetime if the BE would fix the splash from the lenses, but I had to try something. Please as all get out the way it turned out!

Thanks for enjoying my collection. :)

impressive. which one is your first laser? and when did you start to collect laser?

Hello Tommy! I first started collecting flashlights. Than I made the mistake of buying a 3 watt Wicked Laser Arctic off of eBay. Well that was about 2years ago. I've been living in Mac&Cheese ever since. :)

Last edited:

tommy

a 3 watt Wicked Laser as the first laser..................... :lasergun:

BobMc

Luxury, I've got a permanent daily booking @stalebread&water.com :crackup:

Yep! I'm upper class ! :D

a 3 watt Wicked Laser as the first laser..................... :lasergun:

Yea, scared me to death first time I turned it on. Thanks goodness it came with safety glasses and I knew enough to have them on. Took it outside to shine it in the pool and it bounced a beam that still reached into the sky. Fell in love and I was hooked. :)

Last edited:
Absolutely incredible collection !

Out of all your lasers which would you say has the brightest, tightest beam ?

MrEgg

BobMc,

Thanks for letting me sleep in peace. Great to see the Sanwu BE doing a fine job there. Can you help me, in your extensive Sanwu collection do you have one of their 1 watt 520nm lasers? If so, what could you say about it and how it performs? Hope you don't mind answering my question. I have two of their Pockets 650nm and 445nm and two Silver Series 3watt 445 and 1watt 635nm, wonderful lasers! :)

Last edited:

BobMc

Absolutely incredible collection !

Out of all your lasers which would you say has the brightest, tightest beam ?

Thank you Acc.

Brightest and tightest?

Well, lets see, :thinking: that's two different questions.

Tightest? man that's a tough one. Gonna have to say Sanwu's 1 watt 520 with a g7. JetLaser 532 800mw throws one heck of a tight beam also. :thinking: man which is better Ford or Chevy, Coke or Pepsi??

I really like the looks of the new n465, there's something about the beam, that to my eyes seems to make the beam real dense.

Brightest, I'd have to say either the dual 44 or the dual 520 2.8 watter. I've got a 2.6 watt 532 coming ( Hap's Laser ) that promises to maybe take the top slot. ??

But than I've got a 4 diode build being planned so I'm guessing it will grab the title in both arenas when it gets completed. Least I'm suspecting so. :)

Edit, no worries MrEgg. As you can read above the 1watt 520 from Sanwu is a real tight and bright beamed laser. I own 4 of them. A Spiker, Challenger2, a Guardian and a Red Guardian all 1watt 520's. ( think the Guardian is 800-900mw's) Gotta say, think out of them all the Challeger 2 has the tightest/brightest beam, but than it might be because it was my first one. And is real close to my heart. As a Sanwu fan, any of their builds are top quality. You won't be disappointed. The 520 Challeger2 1 watt is small enough where you can keep it in your pocket and it's one heck of a crowd pleaser. :)

Last edited:
Thank you Acc.

Brightest and tightest?

Well, lets see, :thinking: that's two different questions.

Tightest? man that's a tough one. Gonna have to say Sanwu's 1 watt 520 with a g7. JetLaser 532 800mw throws one heck of a tight beam also. :thinking: man which is better Ford or Chevy, Coke or Pepsi??

I really like the looks of the new n465, there's something about the beam, that to my eyes seems to make the beam real dense.

Brightest, I'd have to say either the dual 44 or the dual 520 2.8 watter. I've got a 2.6 watt 532 coming ( Hap's Laser ) that promises to maybe take the top slot. ??

But than I've got a 4 diode build being planned so I'm guessing it will grab the title in both arenas when it gets completed. Least I'm suspecting so. :)
I guess i should have asked which laser with a very tight beam is the brightest of them ?

BobMc

I'd have to say any build that uses the ndg 7475 diode. It seem the divergence is quite good on that diode and they are amazingly bright.

I have a dozen or so builds that use that diode. So it hard to signal out one particular build.

Last edited:
I'd have to say any build that uses the ndg 7475 diode. It seem the divergence is quite good on that diode and they are amazing bright.

I have a dozen or so builds that use that diode. So it hard to signal out one particular build.
Thanks, That is what i was looking for. :thanks:

BobMc

Re: BobMc's Laser Museums

Which one of your builds that you showed has a ndg 7475 diode ?

1) Spiker
2) Guardian
3)Red Guardian
4)Challeger 2
5) Ehgemus build
6)Sinner build
7)Lux-Pro build
8)Rick Trent build
9)Rick Trent dual diode build (two diodes).

Guess I miscounted, I can only rembember 9.

Unless I've forgotten some. :thinking: :p

Last edited:
Wow Bob that's a hell of a lot of green, lot of $ worth also sure is a hell of a museum, I wouldn't know what to do with so many NDG,s

BobMc

Wow Bob that's a hell of a lot of green, lot of $ worth also sure is a hell of a museum, I wouldn't know what to do with so many NDG,s

Thanks Billy, it wasn't all at once. Bought one here and there, they just added up over time. I just like the different styles of builds. It's nice having so many, it seems like there always new.

OMG ! which one is the Rick Trent dual diode build (two diodes) ?

It's in picture number 6 where all my dual diode builds are. Don't know which of the four it is. :confused: I sent it to Lifetime to get an adapter made so it can use a Sanwu 3x as the two have in the last picture. Was so please with the dot improvement of my r&g to yellow I choose to get adapters made for them all. Order 4 extra BE's from Sanwu so I could keep them on and would have to swap the out when I wanted to use them on other units. But I'm having fun. :)