Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

bluray video of luminescence

Kenom

Not evinescence Just a few things about my house that were cool to look at with the bluray

anyone know of a CHEAP blu-ray laser? or should i just stick with making a home made one?

Kenom

man I freakin love that yang yin avatar. anyway. Yes you can do it yourself and if you get in on my GB for the next Kryton laser barrels you'll be able to do it easy.

Things

Oooooo nice vid Ken! I too just stood there shining my bluray around once it was working!

Nice vid. YEah I shine mine all over the place. Everything plastic in my house is a target. I have kids, so all their toys are experiments. Plastic toys that are light green look cool. BUt I also like trying out different liquids. Dishwashing soaps of differnt colors can look cool, and especially olive oil. Put little drops of it on a plate and shine it.

Focus the BR beam to a tiny dot and shine it in a green or blue high power LED (ex. luxeon k2) and it will glow. I dont know why this happen but I think it is amazing.

bobobob121 said:
anyone know of a CHEAP blu-ray laser? or should i just stick with making a home made one?

I bought a pen-style one on eBay for About $250. 10mW. I asked the guy, and he said he didn't make it, and that it was professionally made. So either somebody else made it, or this is the first cheap(excluding the rip-off Sonars) commercially available violet laser in a pen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=140208506120&Category=14954&_trksid=p3907.m29

I am hoping it will arrive sometime this week, but the anticipation is killing me. I have a Coherent lasercheck, so I am going to see if its really 10mW or not. If its anything lower than 7mW I will leave negative feedback and probably buy a true 10mW one from Milos.

Will do. Just hope the darn thing works. Based on his latest reputation of that product, everybody has been satisfied with it.

I also bought some neat stuff at United Nuclear in prep for my handheld concentrated blacklight laser. Some neat strontium aluminate powder (green/blue/aqua glow charge colored). They claim at full charge, it can stay lit for 12-14 hours!

Thats pretty sick Andy. What mW rating was that one? Cause the beam appears to be fairly visible.

Switch

leukoplast said:
Will do. Just hope the darn thing works.  Based on his latest reputation of that product, everybody has been satisfied with it.

I also bought some neat stuff at United Nuclear in prep for my handheld concentrated blacklight laser.  Some neat strontium aluminate powder (green/blue/aqua glow charge colored).  They claim at full charge, it can stay lit for 12-14 hours!
Nice!Your BR should have no trouble chargind that stuff right up.

Great video. I've already spent loads of time flourescing/luminescing stuff with these high-energy photons.

...and probably buy a true 10mW one from Milos.

I got a Milos-built laser (10mW), and though I do not yet have a power meter, when I flouresce something in a dark room, it gets mighty bright.