Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Blah Blah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pman

Re: Fellow LPF Member in trouble

I'm not sure if this was discussed but how are the winners chosen and are the items all shipping for free?
Too bad someone hasn't purchased the auction yet. Maybe offer them 1 ticket also for each $25 they spend on them to go along with this IF they buy them before the deadline.

My wife has the flu really bad right now:( Hoping i won't get it. I did get the shot and she didn't. Would have thought I would be sick by now if I was going to get it since she had it starting Thursday. Unfortunately it's too late to take Tamaflu so she has to ride it out.

How about changing the thread title to attract more attention?

"4 days to go: lots to win! great odds!" ?

Yea GL seems you need to get behind this a little better.

How about changing the thread title to attract more attention?

"4 days to go: lots to win! great odds!" ?

Good idea clansley, I'll change the title :)

@Pman I was thinking of counting the amount of participants and how many tickets they donated and use random.org to determine the winners. It would go as follow:

Let's say there was a total of 20 people who donated. I would go to random.org and chose it to spit me out numbers between 0-20. If a member has donated for 4 tickets they will have 4 numbers in the list(i.e 10-14/0-4). A member who has donated for 2 will have 2 numbers and so on :)

I'll change the title later on, I'm taking some tests to make sure my liver is ok.

-Alex

Re: Help vortish out! Tons of prizes, good chance to win!

thanks Teej I appreciate it greatly

Good idea clansley, I'll change the title :)

@Pman I was thinking of counting the amount of participants and how many tickets they donated and use random.org to determine the winners. It would go as follow:

Let's say there was a total of 20 people who donated. I would go to random.org and chose it to spit me out numbers between 0-20. If a member has donated for 4 tickets they will have 4 numbers in the list(i.e 10-14/0-4). A member who has donated for 2 will have 2 numbers and so on :)

I'll change the title later on, I'm taking some tests to make sure my liver is ok.

-Alex

That sounds pretty good. I'd probably list everyone in the order and number of tickets pruchased in a spreadsheet like so:

1. Master Phillip
2. Master Phillip
3. Master Phillip
4. Master Phillip
5. thestug
6. nwfreefly
7. Pi R Squared
8. Pi R Squared
etc.....

Then you can have a random number generator like random.org pick numbers. If your number is picked you win a prize. You'll have to pick the number for the big prizes first though. This is to ensure everyone has an equal shot at winning the more desirable prizes. (The odds change as the number of total tickets is reduced).

Also, I'm thinking of donating a little bit more to bring my total donated up to $25. I assume that I would then have 2 tickets instead of just 1?

Last edited:

thanks thestug

Only 3 days left!

That sounds pretty good. I'd probably list everyone in the order and number of tickets pruchased in a spreadsheet like so:

1. Master Phillip
2. Master Phillip
3. Master Phillip
4. Master Phillip
5. thestug
6. nwfreefly
7. Pi R Squared
8. Pi R Squared
etc.....

Then you can have a random number generator like random.org pick numbers. If your number is picked you win a prize. You'll have to pick the number for the big prizes first though. This is to ensure everyone has an equal shot at winning the more desirable prizes. (The odds change as the number of total tickets is reduced).

Also, I'm thinking of donating a little bit more to bring my total donated up to $25. I assume that I would then have 2 tickets instead of just 1?

Yes, correct. If your total donation amount ads up to $25 you get 2 tickets! :D

-Alex

confirmed for tug

Ok, today is the day winners will be picked!

I will list the winners below!

Note:Prize draw for the 80mW 520nm laser will be done tomorrow!

532nm lasers donated by Alaskan
-Mattronium
-VisibleGreen
-nwfreefly
-Master Phillip 3 lasers
-clansley
-Pman
-Lighting Stalker
-Teej

Host donated by jander
-Pi Squared
-Master Phillip

Laser donated by vortish will be done tomorrow! Congratulations to all the winners! For the 10 532nm donated by Alaskan please send your address information to Alaskan since he will be shipping them to you. For host winners, send me your address & I will ship to you directly! :)

-Alex

Last edited:

532nm lasers donated by Alaskan
-clansley

Whoopee I've won something at last! As I said in a previous message as I've won one of the Alaskan's lasers I'm very happy for this to stay with Alaskan (shipping costs would be higher than it's value) and for it to be used in any way he chooses (keep, use for another r*ffle, etc). Any costs that would have been used to post this within US can be donated to vortish. Thanks!

Re: Help vortish! WINNERS POSTED!

Thanks to all who have helped.
It's a shame more people didn't give.
You missed out on some nice diodes.

Re: Help vortish! WINNERS POSTED!

Whoopee!!! I've never won anything before! I'm so excited! Tell me who to send my address to and if they want shipping money.

Also, how's Vortish doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.