Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BitLasers.com - Lasers for bitcoin

Grix

Howdy will you be getting more green lasers in?

Yes, I'm currently waiting for a shipment of modules. However, it might be a couple of weeks or so before they arrive, you know how it is with chinese mail.. :p

Grix

Many of the lasers are now back in stock! We also have added a coupon for LPF members: $10 off at orders over $100. Use code: LPF10

Grix

Most lasers back in stock now. Also, we will be adding a 520nm laser with the PL520 diode very soon. Own a piece of laser history!

Grix

Lots of things happening over at Bitlasers.. Website is now revamped! Switched to opencart instead of oscommerce, and we now use bitpay to process bitcoin payments. We still accept paypal as well.

BitLasers

In other news:

- With this change a lot of new features are available, like affiliate support. If you want to earn a little money on the side, if you refer a friend or advertise using an affiliate account, you earn 5% of the sale sum of each sale you refer. Affiliate Program

- Our email provider, lavabit.com, suddenly shut down operations without warning.. This means that any mail you have sent to us in the last two days have not reached us. Please use contact@bitlasers.com or gitlem@gmail.com in the future.

- New laser models are on the way! Mostly single-mode diode versions of popular colors such as 445nm blue or 635nm red. Single mode means that they are lower powered, but has a cleaner, rounder dot and can lase much farther due to less beam spread. Expect them in stock in around a week or two.

- We will soon list many items on third party platforms such as bitmit.net and coingig.com.

- We can also accept other cryptocurrencies such as litecoin on request. Please email us in advance of the order.

And as always, we ship worldwide and you can use the coupon LPF10 for $10 off on any order.

Last edited:

benmwv

Looking good man!

I think you should sell more parts though, instead of mainly complete lasers.

Grix

Looking good man!

I think you should sell more parts though, instead of mainly complete lasers.

Thanks!

I've definitely been considering it, but there are a few problems..

Mainly, that the minimum shipping cost is quite high from this country, at least for things more than 2cm in width. I don't think many people would be interested in a $10 heatsink if the shipping is $17 to the US.
Small things like drivers would be cheaper to ship, but someone *cough cough* asked me not to start selling a certain driver by itself. :D Just kidding
And I can't compete with DTR when it comes to diodes and lenses.

One thing that could work is JAD kits. But they are almost as much work to make as full laser kits, but with much lower profit margins.. I fear many members here have become spoiled with the dirt cheap kits from mohrenberg :)

So yeah, parts and kits are definitely possible in the future, but they are not a priority right now

Last edited:

benmwv

Sorry man, but its not my blessing to give! Email matt and see what he says about it ;) I'm sure you guys can work something out.

At the time I made the board I should have realized the rights to it were worth more than $50!

His is just his username at gmail.

I understand about the shipping cost to US. How is it between European countries? There are a decent amount of members in Europe, if you got all stocked up in parts like cajunlasers was I'm sure they would prefer to buy from you because of shipping times even if it isn't much cheaper!

PS you ever use satoshi dice? haha

I turned that 0.3 btc into 1BTC after a few bets. I did have some other BTC in my wallet too to cover my when I lost my first bet though.

Last edited:

Grix

Sorry man, but its not my blessing to give! Email matt and see what he says about it ;) I'm sure you guys can work something out.

At the time I made the board I should have realized the rights to it were worth more than $50!

His is just his username at gmail.

I understand about the shipping cost to US. How is it between European countries? There are a decent amount of members in Europe, if you got all stocked up in parts like cajunlasers was I'm sure they would prefer to buy from you because of shipping times even if it isn't much cheaper!

PS you ever use satoshi dice? haha

I turned that 0.3 btc into 1BTC after a few bets. I did have some other BTC in my wallet too to cover my when I lost my first bet though.

The minimum shipping cost to the EU is around $9, so it's cheaper but still a little high..

Heh, no I've never used satoshi dice myself, I prefer poker when it comes to money games :) Don't go reinvest and lose that whole BTC, that's how they getcha, hehe

What lens is used on this one?
Also is the difference to the 700mW version just the lens or is it a better "binned" diode or higher current setting?

What's the recommended duty cycle for them?

Also can you sell them with extended focus knobs?

Thanks!

Grix

What lens is used on this one?
Also is the difference to the 700mW version just the lens or is it a better "binned" diode or higher current setting?

What's the recommended duty cycle for them?

Also can you sell them with extended focus knobs?

Thanks!

That laser uses the aixis three-element lens. The only difference between that and the 700mW is the lens.

The duty cycle depends on a few factors but I'd use around 1 minute on; 30 seconds off to be sure. Rule of thumb is the let the laser cool down a bit when you feel it starts to get warm in your hand.

On the 445nm diodes the G lens makes the dot look a lot worse, do you figure this happens on these as well? If it isn't too much work, could you take a picture of both dots for comparison?

Thanks!